Author Topic: An advertisment sure to bring back a few memories  (Read 16997 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Re: An advertisment sure to bring back a few memories
« Reply #45 on: December 03, 2007, 07:23:00 pm »
Hey Doc, maybe send Nick the link to this thread - he might change his mind, or maybe be willing to help us out with some decent images to do our own run of replicas? They probably don't realise this whole vintage MX thing is so big now.  He'd have to disregard the bit about the collage tho...
« Last Edit: December 03, 2007, 07:30:15 pm by Graeme M »

Offline KB171

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 03, 2007, 10:01:53 pm »
This Mr.Motocross must of been suffering from some bad arm pump. 

Doc

« Reply #47 on: December 04, 2007, 07:38:37 am »
 :D yes..although he does look to be in quite a deal of pain the cyborg units of the '80's are actually only suitd to one model..the CB750! Not successful but very crash tolerant and hours of entertainment for the billy lids ;)

Greame..not a bad Idea..I could always edit the collage bit on my part  ;D

oops!! and this bit too! Doh!! ::)
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 07:41:36 am by Doc »

Offline xel93

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 04, 2007, 07:49:39 am »
Here is the link to the coburn machine withthe Pucket painting

http://members.ozemail.com.au/~puckett/images/coburn.jpg

Doc

« Reply #49 on: December 04, 2007, 01:39:57 pm »
thanks Xel93..just as I remember her..I wonder if it survives to this day or if it was tossed down the track and destroyed? Life is just full of such ponderings  :P

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: April 05, 2008, 11:11:26 pm »
In Reply to Tim754 regarding photo's of Wallan,I have a few to contribute.These shots are 1 -(Black and white shot) My friend Darrel Turner (141) and Myself (28) on XR75 K0's 2-Start Gate for my race Typical  start line "chock a block" with two divisions (second Division waiting at start Gate) .Wallan always had a hugh turn up and it was nothing to have 350 to 450 bikes (and all Honda's) They were great days indeed

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 05, 2008, 11:22:20 pm »
I also have a couple more shots of my Bro Stuart Gundry Racing against Lucus Reynolds on the MR50 at Wallan that I think is a great shot.Lucus is running first with the rear end hanging out and my Bro's is right behind him in second spot.The second photo is My Bro ready for start of race Number 35.

firko

« Reply #52 on: April 05, 2008, 11:26:16 pm »
Steve, is that the same Darrel Turner from Bendigo who rides Bultacos in vintage? If it is, he's a nice bloke, haven't seen him since CD3 at Barrabool.

Offline Hardex

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: April 05, 2008, 11:38:22 pm »
Yes Firko Darrel does ride Bultaco's and he has restored a couple of them and they are magnificent .He is from Ballarat and he is very handy riding them to i might add.This is an old shot at wallan with Darrel trying to nogotiate trading in his sl70 for a new xr75 I think (he has the blue bell cap on ) with Mick Oliver who had the Honda dealership in Burwood many years ago

Offline Rosco86

• A-Grade
  • Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 06, 2008, 07:05:31 am »
Tim, saw your comment re the Wallan and the Cheney Patterson Honda Mini bike rallies. We must have been riding there at about the same time as I rode Honda Dax and Honda SL70, Wallan property was owned by Ray Owen, great Victorian short circuit rider (read Dirt track). Russel Bergmier used to date one of his three daughters when I was swinging for him. Ray sold up in the 90s and moved to the Gold Coast with about 30 hagon Japs, bullies etc. Lost contact with him as I went to Mt Isa for a few years. Great track with thatb firts uphill drag race to the top after rounding the end of the straight corner. Loved the downhills, if you were game you could pick up heaps of ground as long as you could handle the off camber corners. Was a great breeding ground for future stars as I raced with the Bailey boys and both of the Cramers. Can remember Malcolm Fraser turning up to a senior meeting there once when he was matey with Bert Flood and had a couple of enduro models. Thats what we need know, a few pollies in VMX. Catchya.

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 08, 2008, 10:55:18 pm »
Tim did you live around the burwood box hill area? I lived in box hill and raced at wallan on my Z50 which had most of its hot up work done at mic olivers it was our local shop.
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: April 08, 2008, 11:03:17 pm »
Grew up in Eltham, rode for the Northern Suburbs Mini Bike Club, first on a Z50 then a series of Geminis and an modified SL70 . All new paid for by me from years of doing morning paper rounds and mowing and cleaning yards. Z50 $249.00 same as Gemini 50 . $249 sounds cheap but really in late 60s early 70s it was a fortune correct!!
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

« Reply #57 on: September 24, 2009, 11:59:24 pm »
hey Tim I rode at Northern Suburbs too on an SL70 must have been between 75 & 77 I guess . My race number was 42 at that track (not affilliated with vmba) must have race a k4 xr75 there too cause i think i remember a pic with both the XR & the SL wearing #42. we were restricted to 75 cc at Northern Suburbs so I stopped racing there when I bored the SL to 82 cc during a rebuild.