Author Topic: Lockup/Security and Systems in place !!  (Read 113615 times)

Offline Mike52

• Legend
  • 81 KTM 125 LC
    • View Profile
Re: Lockup/Security and Systems in place !!
« Reply #60 on: February 24, 2016, 07:21:47 pm »
lick you to death...a good blue healer is the go, wags tail and smiles as you come in...as you turn to leave its between you and the gate and you aint goin anywhere till the boss shows up....
My Bluey used to get his pat first then bite ya. ;)
85/400WR,86/240WR,72/DKW125,Pe250c,TC90,TS100,XT250,86/SRX250,XR400r
Friend  struggling up a hill on a old bike at MTMee .http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjj6E2MP9xU.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 09, 2016, 11:32:31 pm »
Noted lately loaded trailers/utes backed in against walls/skipbins/powerpoles/cactus and permanent structures of anykind.
Good thinking. 8)
Best is in the West !!

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 10, 2016, 08:40:58 am »
make it hard and they will go somewhere else...the new thief is opportunist and lazy...typical of this click and go generation.

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 10, 2016, 09:21:54 am »
I built a hidden room in my shed with a hidden door a few mths back room size two meters x two metres it even fooled my wife she came in the shed and said where's your bikes at I said in the shed she couldn't find them  ;D
It's a bit like the safe behind the wall art work .

Offline 80-85 husky

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 10, 2016, 09:44:26 am »
a mate had one of those years ago...unfortunately the "power bill" was way over and above a normal household and the secret room got shut down by the local cops...

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 10, 2016, 12:09:04 pm »
a mate had one of those years ago...unfortunately the "power bill" was way over and above a normal household and the secret room got shut down by the local cops...
Yep heard of those green rooms  ::)
Mine is to stop the local scum bags getting the bikes crimes gone up in my town since the jail has been up graded and larger than ever the Crims familys are moving to town to be closer to there partners inside , so our crime rate here is the highest in the hunter valley , I think it's time to move on .

Offline skypig

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 10, 2016, 01:36:19 pm »
Until we can use thieves as fertilizer, we just have to make it as hard as we can for the scum.

I have an alarm in my trailer that texts me if someone "trys" the door lock. (Unfortunately this feature is about to expire as the alarm is 2G based, and this network is being switched off. Aldi SIM)

I feel this feature is worth pursuing and will be trying to find a replacement.

I try and lock the trailer on the vehicle as best I can as well.

If I was to put any stickers on the trailer they would be "Efluent testing services - we shit you not" (not "Skypig racing - valuable bikes within")

Or maybe a Smith & Wesson sticker above the advertising for Crav Magra training.....

Offline mick25

• Legend
  • Hunter valley NSW
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 10, 2016, 04:47:35 pm »
Until we can use thieves as fertilizer, we just have to make it as hard as we can for the scum.

I have an alarm in my trailer that texts me if someone "trys" the door lock. (Unfortunately this feature is about to expire as the alarm is 2G based, and this network is being switched off. Aldi SIM)

I feel this feature is worth pursuing and will be trying to find a replacement.

I try and lock the trailer on the vehicle as best I can as well.

If I was to put any stickers on the trailer they would be "Efluent testing services - we shit you not" (not "Skypig racing - valuable bikes within")

Or maybe a Smith & Wesson sticker above the advertising for Crav Magra training.....

Yes the stickers can be a give away , a mate told me a while back he doesn't put stickers on his ute because that says this guy must like bikes and has one or two in his shed .
My new ute I got had a big bright orange Ktm sticker on the back window that was the first thing I removed .
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 04:50:52 pm by mick25 »

Offline pokey

• Legend
  • Arse .. Elbow. Know the difference
    • View Profile
    • FB
« Reply #68 on: October 10, 2016, 05:25:12 pm »
Hang a few 15 foot python skins from the rafters. keeps most rats away.

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2016, 08:09:41 am »
Say no to stickers advertising your passion for bikes...save them for your toolbox and boring shed spaces.
Avoid washing your bike(s) where anyone can see your pride and joy.
It might seem a bit paranoid but make sure you don't have any followers on your way home. Easy to see if you do an extra lap around the block.
If you have a bike trailer, try to keep it out of view from the street.
Lock everything. Everytime!
Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 19, 2017, 02:28:03 pm »
In the news today Police Commissioner retires, he mentions the big rise in cyberspace crime.
Take "caution" in writing, posting,sharing, buying and selling of our treasures.????
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 29, 2018, 10:45:34 am »
Amaze me that mates tag each other on social media,about an event and the mate posts up "NOT HOME"  ::)
Like cool, i know where you live and you have bikes for the taking.
 ::) :(
Best is in the West !!

Offline Glen08

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: March 29, 2018, 01:14:59 pm »
This is all good and well but I'd add get a grasp of the criminal civil laws in your state too...you catch a guy in your shed or yard and give him a touch up and then proceed to move him or her from your premises youll leave your self open for litigation...even worse if the cops show up and you scream self defence...bad move...calling self defence means your admitting to a crime and just opened up a whole new can of worms which after criminal courts is finished with you the bad guys family can and will drag your ass through civil courts for damages...I've seen it happen and the cause is always lack of knowledge and emotions.. nothing=nothing...If you do happen to get physical and just by chance ol mate falls over* and gets hurt...do not I repeat do not move them in any way...call ooo asap because that's a paper trail.

Offline Butcher

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 29, 2018, 08:28:15 pm »
in NSW you are allowed to remove unwelcome guests from your property. Force can be used proportionate to the percieved threat. If they have a weapon, you may use a weapon. Not many cops will take their side if they are on your property.

Offline Glen08

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 30, 2018, 09:00:03 am »
Justifiable force under duress is a learned skill & perishable..The best bet is to think like a judge not a cop..If you end up in a criminal incident with a burglar after your pride and joy, the emotions will be high..The police prosecutor in nsw was Walter ball,, still could be, he eats lawyers for breakfast so you'll need a barista to prove you exhausted all options and the prove the threat had intent means & opportunity..tuff road to go down,,even tougher if your saying self defence....The 3 fights we call it "legal-physical-moral..