Author Topic: Classic Dirt Track Images.  (Read 724139 times)

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt Track Images.
« Reply #435 on: May 21, 2011, 08:25:05 pm »
Love the sidecars Slides. On page 28 there is a photo of me with the late Harry Rowe in white overalls. Harry was my Dads best mate and my 2nd Dad. Harry was a multiple Aust.  sidecar champion on bituman and dirt. Harry was an absolute gun when it came to 4 stroke engines, japs, eso's(jawas) Triumphs, Nortons etc. etc. He spannered for the aussies AND the poms when they came out here. He is the reason we got involved with ShortCircuit Racing. I started going up to N.S.W. with the "boy's" when i was about 7 yrs old.  "H"  was a true gentleman and much loved in motorcycling circles. He passed away at Griffith  Speedway on Oct. 10 1998 doing what he loved. Racing sidecars.      ps. I wish my Dad and "H" could see whats going on here. They'd be tickled pink!      regards,  Mark

Curly3

« Reply #436 on: May 21, 2011, 09:27:08 pm »
Got any photo's of your dad on his Sidecar Mark?

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: May 21, 2011, 10:13:37 pm »
hi slides, when i said "H" was my 2nd Dad i meant it like i had two Dads at the same time. I sure can get some pics of Harry racing and have heaps of footage on dvd from the '60's. I've talked to Harry's family and they are  more than happy to help out with photos etc.   Mark

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: May 23, 2011, 08:05:02 pm »
Here is a picture of my Hagon Jap 500cc 1976

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: May 23, 2011, 08:07:46 pm »
Here is the Jap again. What i'd give to have this bike back again...

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: May 23, 2011, 08:10:17 pm »
Here is my Ossa. The jap, and my ol' man's EH Holden at Wangaratta '76

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: May 23, 2011, 08:11:50 pm »
Here is another shot of the Ossa. The bike that we built from the ground up!

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: May 23, 2011, 08:17:06 pm »
If you can see under that huge head of hair... you will see "yours truly" haha
The same Hagon Jap, 2 years later - '78
Thank god some things stayed in the 70's. Stop laughing fellas

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: May 23, 2011, 08:23:12 pm »
1978 again. L-R
Me, Rod McCready, and younger brother Mark McCready. They were from Seymour, Victoria. The McCready family bought my bikes

Curly3

« Reply #444 on: May 23, 2011, 09:14:38 pm »
Interesting how GC's Hagon went back to Seymour, site of one of his greatest wins.
Have you tried to track the McCready's down Mark?, good starting point.

Offline hagon412

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: May 24, 2011, 11:30:11 am »
Hi only new to the site; have some additonal pictures that may help from 70's.
A couple of these have been taken from old movie frames we have.
My uncle and father Peter and Colin Laws are shown in a couple. Peter raced a hagon sandracer short stroke Jap, he also raced a factory yamaha yz in a hagon stroker frame (the yz one of the first I believe, only 5 were bought into Australia, Peter owned one, the rest went to motorcross riders, 50 released worldwide). Colin also used to race a hagon stroker with a later model yz. Peter raced at a national level on many occations. Napean being his local track, he was recorded form the tower at Napean raceway with a lap time 28.9 seconds, the only difference in the track at that time was a more prominent right hand bend after the speedway corner, making the turn more difficult if anything.
Here are some photos;
This one, 1971 Napean, 1 Bill Macdonald, 49 Kevin Fraser.                                      This one 1975 national titles griffith. 96 Peter Laws, 297 Keith Davies, 25 Greg Primmer. Not sure about others?

Here are 4 Shots of Peter Laws taking the speedway corner at Napean mid 70's, this shot also taken from film footage.

These four were taken from Ameroo Park 72 or 73?
Terry Pool                                                                                                                                                           Carl Askew       

Carl Askew No2. Trevor Hunter in background No.5 ?

This one was taken from Nemingah Tamworth 1975. 96 Peter Laws, 375 ?, 1 Keith Davies.

These two also from Nemingah Tamworth 96 Peter Laws

I have to also throw in a couple of articles from Revs magazine back in the day                                                       Peter Laws takes event

This image is of Colin Laws Kempsey NSW titles 1979

These two also of Col at Napean 1978

This last one is from Ameroo Park Year ? 26 Bill Macdonald, 40 John Langfield, 149 Doug Platts.

I had to add a picture of my newly restored hagon stroker with 1974mx250A.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, 09:23:04 am by hagon412 »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: May 24, 2011, 11:37:29 am »
Howdy , Do you have a closer picture of this YZ hagon your dad had you speak of ?  cheers
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: May 24, 2011, 12:07:49 pm »
Wow , 412
What a lot of memorabilia in that post !!! Great stuff , mate, an your Hagon looks superb.
You have solved a problem for me as I didn't 100% know the identity of this rider, thought it was Peter but wasn't real sure.

I think this was taken at a practice day at Nepean sometime in the ' 70s and at the time I was developing and printing me own B&W shots.
Thanks heaps
Foss

Offline hagon412

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: May 24, 2011, 12:24:21 pm »
I don't think I have many close ups of Petes Hagon yz, will check it out. These two shots are of Pete on the yz the motor was taken from. These are captured from film very hard to do.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: May 24, 2011, 12:34:55 pm »
NICe one, its the real deal then, love to see the pictures, have a spare YZ motor here be nice to see wht it goes like in a slider .............

any pics would be helpful.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff