Author Topic: Classic Dirt Track Images.  (Read 724161 times)

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Classic Dirt Track Images.
« Reply #390 on: May 13, 2011, 03:38:36 pm »
Big boys at play

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: May 13, 2011, 04:02:57 pm »
i think 49 is kevin fraser

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: May 13, 2011, 04:19:16 pm »
Hey Slider.
Top shots  buddy , I was at the meeting and saw Paul Tyson launch into the crowd on turn one , that was a very exciting meeting with some of the Young Guns of the day taking it right up to the big names.
# 49 is Fraze, #79 a young Len Norris, # 217 Cady perhaps, c'mon Slides you'll know, is #1, blue and white leathers Greg Primmer ?? and #92 in the 125s, not an early Lloyd Richards ??
Good stuff, Mark
Foss
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 04:26:13 pm by JAP 454 »

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: May 13, 2011, 04:48:41 pm »
Hey Al,
Pretty sure No1 was Greg Primmer. Mick Cady was 318. I remember the Daily Telegraph published a promotional photo for the Griffith titles featuring Mick on the gas. What a great photo.
I've still got my bottle of commemorative port from that meeting. All the other guys drank theirs on the way home, but I hid mine. I was going to open it on my first born's birth, but that was 24 years ago, so I missed that boat by a little bit.
Great photos heh?
Pete.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: May 13, 2011, 05:01:16 pm »
Yeah , Pete
Top shots and what memories , thanks to Slider.  Talking about memories, I was thinking about  # 217 after I had posted and knew I was wrong.
Foss

firko

« Reply #395 on: May 13, 2011, 05:17:27 pm »
I've still got my bottle of commemorative port from that meeting. All the other guys drank theirs on the way home, but I hid mine. I was going to open it on my first born's birth, but that was 24 years ago, so I missed that boat by a little bit.
Great photos heh?
Don't even consider drinking it now Pete....we knocked the top off Chris Ellis's bottle about 10 years ago, hoping for a nicely matured port but sadly it was rancid ;D. I've still got another bottle here or maybe it's on the shelf in Bernies bar!
I still can't believe your little girl's 24!

Great memories of perhaps the greatest dirt track meeting in history Slider29. I still have the mental image of Langy and Phil Wilson bitch slappin' each other in the middle of turn one!
« Last Edit: May 13, 2011, 05:22:04 pm by firko »

Curly3

« Reply #396 on: May 13, 2011, 05:30:06 pm »
I bet Langy didn't deserve it ;D
Great shots Mark, is that GC's Hagon your on?
Love the first shot of KD & Fraze, sums up the 2 differing styles perfectly.
The second photo with no 1 is definetly Greg Primmer and for a second there I thought the guy going around the outside was the FOSS, but then I noticed Gary O'briens number.
Keep em coming because these are the shots from the years after we drifted away from the sport because Carlos was in the Old Dart.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: May 13, 2011, 05:41:04 pm »
Yeah, Firko, it was a very memorable meeting for sure and one of the most hard fought, too . EA just reminded me that the Hospital Matron was having a hissy fit about all the admissions from the meeting.
Turn one tactics in the B grade events, mate of mine Barry Collyer on a SC500 or was it a YZ 360 ?? , don't remember,would come whistling up on the outside in turn one and reach over with his left leg and stomp me back into top gear, the bastard, and laugh about it later, I beat the bugger, had too
Foss

firko

« Reply #398 on: May 13, 2011, 05:51:41 pm »
Barry was still doing stuff like that in vintage dirt track 20 years later Foss ;D. I reckon we should get him back, we could do with a few more of the old characters. I think he's still got a couple of bikes.

Offline JAP 454

• Legend
  • See Ya at the Skids
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: May 13, 2011, 05:56:57 pm »
Firko, he's still doin' it
He did it to Tony Day in the 50th anniversary parade at Nepean.
Foss

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: May 13, 2011, 08:12:34 pm »
Good to get some feed back on the photos fellas. Glad you like them. Theres not many more of Griffith but i have lots more from other tracks!! I'm trying to get them in order. Number 1 is Greg Primmer, 54 Gary O'Brian and i think 217 is a young Micheal Stormonth? An all white slider JAP?? Yeah slides i'm on G C's hagon
 It went faster with him on it. I've still got my port but i'm sure it will taste like piss so in the bottle it stays. My dad, Ron Eastham took all of the photos as well as being my pit crew. Keep looking. cheers  Mark.  ps.  what a race meeting that was!! Everybody went nuts .  pps I've got some of the '75 titles on film but its over exposed. Any suggestions?

Offline Stan S

• Legend
  • Ballarat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: May 14, 2011, 10:28:14 am »
Gary O'Brian at Griffith in '75?

I'm going to Gary O'briens place for lunch tomorrow, I will show him these photo's

Stan.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: May 14, 2011, 12:15:48 pm »
 Great stuff! keep 'em comin' Gimme More!
 Cheers pancho.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline Slider29

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: May 17, 2011, 07:30:08 pm »
Have to wait until my young bloke comes for a visit before i post any more pics  because i haven't got a clue!!  regards Mark

Curly3

« Reply #404 on: May 17, 2011, 07:48:32 pm »
Join the club Mark.