Author Topic: Your bike at the Nationals  (Read 11173 times)

firko

Re: Your bike at the Nationals
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2010, 04:45:32 pm »
Whacko Brian!!!....Let's all take our front mudguards off now that you've found another loophole in the book. Hallelujah Glory Be...We're all saved from the evil mudguard fetish that's kept our sport in the dark ages for decades.  What a forking visionary and wise old owl you are Brian. Just like leaving half of the sprocket bolts out because some herring muncher in Sweden did it back in the seventies.

For fluck sake why do you blokes keep digging up this shit. No wonder people shake their heads in disbelief and walk away.

All Things 414

« Reply #16 on: January 28, 2010, 05:05:59 pm »
...I can't see anywhere in the MOMS that you have to have a front mudguard

Fuggin' grouse! As soon as they do away with the 'can't look a knob rule' I'm rippin' the peak off my helmet and I'm out there..... :P

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2010, 07:25:50 pm »
I think I agree with you Dot - providing you meet the noise limit and any conditions in the supp regs (anything like 'All machines must be fitted with an effective silencer'), then its great that you're keen on keeping the bike authentic.

This DOT must be something special - it must be about the longest you've held onto a bike?
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #18 on: January 29, 2010, 06:40:27 am »
We all have bikes that we buy and move on and some we keep
I reckon the Dot won't see next Christmas in your shed Dave. You can't help yourself. ;D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 29, 2010, 08:19:11 am »
WTF Dot? Why the "tut tut"? Is the slightly stroppy reply better than either of your two previous attempts?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 29, 2010, 11:10:28 am »
jeezzz Mark...the only thing I'm shaking my head at is your response...WTF ..??

firko

« Reply #21 on: January 29, 2010, 11:44:54 am »
My response??? You're kidding, right? Why post such a stupid post in the first place? We've been through all of the bullshit prior to last years Nats  so why start it all up again? You've been around this sport for a long, long time Brian and should know better than that. You're just shit stirring for the sake of shit stirring. If you took the time to sort out your own bikesand those of some of your fellow travellers scrutineering shortcomings instead of searching the MoMs for loopholes and misprints the world would be a sweeter place.

See what you've done Brian? I've broken my new years resolution of not getting involved in the politics and bullshit any more. This is just the type of thing that has detuned me to the point that the racing side of our sport has no meaning to me any more. . :(

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 29, 2010, 12:05:33 pm »
Just as a side i run Front guards on all my MX bikes, cause i dont like mud in my teeth for a start.

But there isnt a reason nor place for them on the Flat track bikes, and if some one goes an put it in the moms, for some god awlful reason some idiot will insist on it, just cause its inthe moms. 

I think its just oneof them things, leave it alone and let the rider decide, or you split the moms up so the Dt bikes dont keep getting hit with the Classic MX rules.  aka foot pegs etc just to name a few.

IM sure you'll agree firko, there is no reason why your benelli should have to run a Front guard, nor stop you if you want to run a swinging peg.   

Rules i think some peeps take them all to seriously. Cant we just ride ?
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #23 on: January 29, 2010, 06:22:20 pm »
No Dave, I won't bet......let's see what happens  ::)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 29, 2010, 07:31:02 pm »

This DOT must be something special - it must be about the longest you've held onto a bike?

If that's "on your back" then you're clearly due for a change of scene.

The fact that you typed out a perfectly reasoanble response, then added to it hours later, and then another few hours later you wiped the lot and changed it to a snarky response, also suggests that you're overdue for a change of scene.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 29, 2010, 07:40:47 pm »
Go back and read the last few pages, and then tell me when I was "on your back"?

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 29, 2010, 08:00:56 pm »

See what you've done Brian? I've broken my new years resolution of not getting involved in the politics and bullshit any more. This is just the type of thing that has detuned me to the point that the racing side of our sport has no meaning to me any more. . :(

The racing side of this sport is as good as it's ever been..
It's all the bullshit on this forum that's the problem!
« Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 10:11:51 pm by JohnnyO »

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 29, 2010, 08:05:19 pm »
 ;)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 29, 2010, 08:13:03 pm »
 ???
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

mainline

« Reply #29 on: January 29, 2010, 08:44:57 pm »
 :D

this is good stuff, I reckon we ditch the "jokes/funnies" thread in lieu of this one.