Author Topic: Election Result  (Read 19688 times)

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Re: Election Result
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2007, 08:47:06 pm »
RIP australia labour is back to fork us blind wiyh mad union pricks and high interest rates sell the bikes now boys we wont be able to afford to ride.
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2007, 09:30:14 pm »
You know, regardless of how we feel about the election result (and personally I'm just hoping that Labour can combine their plans for a fairer and more responsible society with the Libs economic foundation and keep us on track), but I for one felt very proud to be an Australian on Saturday night. All over our country, people voted safely and with no coercion or force. When I voted, the Labour and Liberal people handing out leaflets joked with each other in an entirely sociable way. The vote counting was broadcast live around the country, and a fair outcome was decided. The outgoing leader capitulated with good grace, and the new leader took the reins to accolades from his followers. Sunday morning, and while the Liberal faithful moaned and gnashed their teeth and Labourites celebrated, the country continued on with not a single violent or even vocal complaint. We accepted the decision of the people and the entire government changed hands.

Is there another nation on the planet that can show leadership in how to provide fair and democratic government for the people? I don't think so. A shame that the leaders and violent narrow minded ideologues in some nations cannot see that government in this style may not be perfect but it's got to be one of the closest approximations we've seen, and we do it best in Oz.

Rosco400

« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2007, 10:11:34 pm »
Kevin Rudds first day as PM and hes broken his first election promise, ask any of our indigenous readers which policy he has broken, day 1 = 1 lie. Would like to keep a tally but politics is so f___ken boring but 1461 days of power x 1461 lies x 14.61% interest increase (i.e 1 interest point per lie), Stay tuned ::) :D :'(

firko

« Reply #48 on: November 25, 2007, 10:47:46 pm »
Beautifully written Graeme. It is indeed a priviledge to live in this country.

mx250

« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2007, 10:52:21 pm »
Beautifully written Graeme. It is indeed a priviledge to live in this country.
Ditto. I'll drink to that - both sentiments, well said Graeme and to a Great Country.

All Things 414

« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2007, 08:17:51 am »
John Howard would have been a ballsy moto-crosser.
How many PM's or front bench politicians would have stayed in an eletorate that could have seen them lose the top job even if their party had have won. This could have happened to him at any time over the last three elections.
I wouldn't have liked to have been between Howard and Kennett running into a first turn.
They wouldn't have shut off..........

mx250

« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2007, 08:27:35 am »
John Howard would have been a ballsy moto-crosser.

They wouldn't have shut off..........

Nah, ya got it wrong. Thats not how little Johnny would have operated - he would be sneaking around the pits and putting sugar in ya tank or jerry. And then promises other riders that he would let them win 'next time' provided they didn't give you new fuel when you found out.  ;D

P.S. No one has, or ever will, bluff me going into the first turn - the first to back off is a chickensh*t  ;D. Still the best, most exciting part of MX  8).
« Last Edit: November 26, 2007, 08:33:15 am by mx250 »

mx250

« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2007, 08:50:08 am »
Johnny's corporate friends have heeded his plight and stepped up to the mark with an AWA offer of $5.95 per hour, no paid breaks, no holiday pay, no sick leave, no super, no plenalities, no nothing, but as many burgers as you can eat in a shift  ;D .

I suggest you take the offer Johnny but you might like to run it pass a public servant at the DLI 'fair wages' branch - I'm sure they will go in to bat for you with the full weight of the law and the government behind them to act in your interest  ;)

magoo

« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2007, 01:47:36 pm »
100% correct Graham in your post, it makes you proud to be Australian.
I'm quite amazed at how bitter some of you guys are. IMAGINE HOW YOU'D FEEL IF BIG KEV LOST. I'm really surprised.

firko

« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2007, 02:55:02 pm »
Magoo..One of the wonderful features of living in a truly democratic society like Australia is that we have the total freedom to openly describe the Howard government as the disgraceful, lying, manipulative team of pricks that they were without the slightest worry of any kind of repecussions. Viva le Lucky Country.

Rosco400

« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2007, 04:59:16 pm »
C'mon Bruce, Bitter is not a bad thing, we can have an opinion as to the countries long term plight, im surprised that your surprised that you'd be surprised :D, P.S. did you see the election riots on the front page of the Sydney Telegraph, that was very un Australian :o i.e ozzies belting ozzies, 3 hour election brawl was the headline>:(

All Things 414

« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2007, 05:26:39 pm »
Yeah. It's very "Aussie" to knock gear off from your boss, bludge at work and take sickies. It's very "un-Aussie" for him to give you the arse if he catches you at it. But no fear. Go to your Union about it, whinge to all your other bludgin' mates and go off on work cover for a couple of weeks. Take your holidays at the busiest time of the year and then go off with depression 'cause you can't do an honest days work in your life. All very "Aussie".
Well, when it's all gone overseas and there's no jobs here remember your contribution.......
The only people who had to fear "Workchoices" were the the disgraceful, lying, manipulative team of pricks that bludge on their bosses without the slightest worry of any kind of repecussions.

Offline 500Fool

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2007, 05:44:33 pm »
Your interpretation of "Aussie" 414, are you very Aussie? Sounds like you'd be great to work with or for. Mine is a fair go for everyone, don't shit on anyone. Lil Johnny shit on people, simple as that.
Sounds a little bit like some sour grapes by some folks, can't except what the majority of the Australian population voted for, a change.

All Things 414

« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2007, 05:54:22 pm »
I don't know fella. What's your interpretation of Aussie? A few years in the Army, pay your taxes, look after your family be nice to small furry animals or be a bludgin' prick like I described??

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2007, 06:09:30 pm »
One lot of bloody pollies lost, another bloody lot have won............. poop........... ::).
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.