Author Topic: Replacement 2 stroke header pipes?  (Read 2525 times)

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
Replacement 2 stroke header pipes?
« on: January 09, 2010, 03:51:35 pm »
Some time back, a friend bought an old Yammie AG bike, and there was a replacement header pipe section with the bike as the original header was all but rusted through. It seams that there was/is a company who makes these replacement header section. Does anyone know who the company is/was and if they are still making replacement headers?

I am iterested as I would like to replace some badly rusted and dented header on a few of the old Yamaha and Suzuki trail bikes I have.

CJ
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: Replacement 2 stroke header pipes?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2010, 03:59:39 pm »
We purchased an RMz 04 from these good ebayers....I know its a 4T,but they may have what you need.good luck  8)

steelesnewparts
[email protected]
Best is in the West !!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2010, 04:06:33 pm »
This is who makes them

http://www.musket.co.nz/

This is the Australian importer

http://www.mcleodaccessories.com.au/ not sure they still are the importer though? been about a year since ive bought any but im sure the warehouses still have stuff left if they arent.

Also available from
www.smebike.com
[email protected]
http://stores.shop.ebay.com.au/SMEBIKE__W0QQ_armrsZ1

Keep in mind that they sometimes dont fit exactly right. I know a few of the fussy XT/TT500 owners here will pick a few things wrong with them like sometimes the heat sheilds wont line up with the female threaded holes on the Musket pipes. Ive fitted The TT header pipes though and they seemed alright
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Colin Jay

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2010, 04:15:31 pm »
Thanks for that, I had been confining my search to Aust, and forgot to include the 8th state.

I know how pedantic some Xt/TT owners can be, luck that the bikes I need them for are not going to be show bikes.

CJ

Edit: I just had a look at their website, unfortunately the only go back to the early 80's, and all the headers I need are for bikes from the 70's
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 04:28:51 pm by Colj500 »
Why do things the easy way, when with a bit of effort you can really make it difficult for yourself!!

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2010, 04:56:48 pm »
And i cant think of anyone else who makes these items other than exhaust builders like GMC who do one offs.
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2010, 05:58:18 pm »
Col , send Musket an Email and expalin what you want , they may have something similar that you can cut n shut to make it work.
Yes they will post to OZ.

john d

« Reply #6 on: January 10, 2010, 10:14:27 pm »
CJ,
 I have had good luck using automotive mandrel bent sections. Then using the old pipe builders tricks for changing direction of bends.

Follow the link below . You can get U , J and 90 Deg bends in different ID's and bend radius's.

You folks should have a supplier in Au that has the same pipe.

( http://www.jegs.com/p/Hooker-Headers/Hooker-Headers-Dynomax-Exhaust-Tube-Mandrel-Bends/744799/10002/-1 )
 Hope this is some help.
john d.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2010, 10:26:05 pm by john d »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 10, 2010, 11:12:52 pm »
And i cant think of anyone else who makes these items other than exhaust builders like GMC who do one offs.
Tis an AG bike so a plumbing supplies will do just fine..................................... ::)
Jesus only loves two strokes