Author Topic: Ossa phantom  (Read 9961 times)

Rosco400

Ossa phantom
« on: November 20, 2007, 09:35:55 pm »

Offline Lozza

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Ossa phantom
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2007, 10:20:20 pm »
Let the fun/whinging/posting/bidding/cat fight begin. ;D ;D
Jesus only loves two strokes

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2007, 10:26:00 pm »

I know jack about Ossa's apart from owning a MAR250 for a couple of years back in the day as our US friends say!

That Phantom seems like a reasonable deal given it's all there and ready to go save for the gearbox problem.
Lets see if all the guys who say they are desparate to get racing go for it  ???

See you at the back of the pack in 08  ;)
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

lms6201

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2007, 06:26:49 am »
 a mark 7 pursang in similar condition  would be similar in $$$$,s i guess ,  along with the suziki  rh (is it ?)  good competitive pre 75 bikes aren,t that easy to come by , especially ones of low run production numbers , so i hope it sells easily ,  possibly a good chance it will go off shore do u think ??

mx250

« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2007, 09:57:51 am »
I heard that this bike was actually sold to a guy in W.A. paid the money up front and organised transport etc but bike didn't show up.
The guy then had to fly to VIC and chase his money up.?????
:o :o :o :o :o :o :o

The expression 'buyer beware' comes to mind.  ;)

Did he just collect his money or was there some 'car park' counciling administed as well.  ::) ;D

mx250

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 10:13:48 am »
Out of curiosity I looked up the ebay sellers list of other items and looky looky whats there - a subject of discussion and some amusement a little while ago (starting price was $12,000 IIRC). I think it's the third time its been listed.

This guy is a trader (probably buying cheap(ish) in the US and importing) - nothing wrong with that. But portraying himself differently, as an enthusiast "...regretable sale, selling to finance new project..." I have a prob with that. Buyer beware. ;)

Rosco400

« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 10:51:27 am »
Any forum members living close to or know the seller in Shepparton Vic who can suss the seller out :-\ Buyer beware does come to mind or if the WA bloke is forum reader and if it true is out there, any comment would be appreciated i'm sure

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2007, 05:13:34 pm »
I have had no drama's with the seller, and I imagine neither will you. He is in fact a racer and like the rest of us, occasionally buys and sells, which most of us have to do to help fund the ones we want to keep. These are few and far between, and if I didn't already have one this would be mine!
Cheers,
K

Rosco400

« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2007, 05:22:12 pm »
Thanks Michael,more reassuring is a good thing, cheers! :)

Expat

« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2007, 07:04:09 pm »
The height of gearlever in relation to foot peg may have something to do with the occasionally missing gear changes .

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2007, 07:31:02 pm »
 I live about 70ks away .I know this seller as a gentleman  and VMX Racing Champion..,that helped my boys and me heaps when they started the junior VMX class years ago (remember one meeting around 1991/1992 at Whaia near Shepparton the boys raced a Hodaka Super 100 and a modified SL125 against the then latest !! OK they were a the rear of the field BUT everyone even the announcer, was watching the two young blokes on them old "shitters" having a rough and tumble bloody ball. Oh and the sound of of the little Honda's megaphone on full song was so different then to all the KX,YZ,RM,CR,KTM etc two strokers ;) I"m sorry I digress.  John Has my backing and the machines should be of fine quality. Tim 754
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

YZ360A

« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2007, 08:04:23 pm »
My sources in W.A. have confirmed to me that it is a different person who was selling a Phantom in a simalar region in VIC.
The bike they were buying was around the simalar price range $5000.oo and condition also.
I have emailed the seller for some more detailed pic's I see if he emails them to me and post them up.
I asked a few questions in regards to a buy it now price but he want's to let the auction run it's corse as he has had a lot of interest etc.

As you would.

I would love this model of bike but you can only ride one at a time but it would look soooo good next to my yz250a and yz360a yamaha's.

Oh well let the bidding begin. :)

YZ360A

« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2007, 08:21:41 pm »
Hey paul sell a Maico and buy the phantom.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2007, 08:46:44 pm »
I understand the publicity, and agree the frame and swinger look light and trick euro parts and touches and stuff, but the motors still look a bit umm agricultural to me.   But then like the mona lisa each sees it in differant light.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2007, 09:06:49 pm »
mmmmmmmmmm ;)