Author Topic: C&J XR Frame rip off, be warned  (Read 30797 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
C&J XR Frame rip off, be warned
« on: January 03, 2010, 11:29:28 pm »
Well I guess I have given up hope of ever seeing my frame from C&J Racing Motorcycles through polite negotiation. they were eager to get muy money but 9 months later there is no frame website or return address. Jeff Cole should be ashamed of himself for being a crook.

DO NOT DEAL WITH C&j IN ANY WAY SHAPE OR FORM, I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW WHERE THE PRICKS ARE NOW SO I CAN TRACK THEM DOWN.

I am not alone they also took another American friend of mine.
formerly Marc.com

Re: C&J XR Frame rip off, be warned
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2010, 09:39:58 am »
Why don't you ask on Marks swap meet. Be a bit more polite but you can still get the point across that he is a thief by asking where he is and has had your money for 9 months and no frame or communication. Could be a good way to flush him out.

DR

« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2010, 10:57:19 am »
Hope it all works out ok Mark, some people obviously have no conscience whatsoever :-\

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2010, 11:46:31 am »
some frame makers take along time ,i know off a guy in the usa who waited over 2 years for a frame from ?
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 11:52:24 am by paul »

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2010, 12:26:49 pm »
i know firstly they moved and had some bad business issues, this  lack of supply or contact is the same response i heard from a lot of US guys who had sent motors to them to frame - some never returned   :-[

Also unless your a team or shop you'll keep getting pushed back anyway, same as the exht guys work. 

Do you still need contact details.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:32:28 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2010, 12:45:29 pm »

They moved, so what. They have Marcs contact details. The RIGHT thing to do would be for C&J to contact their customers they are doing work for and say something along the lines of ‘we are moving to a new address, this is our new contact details……’ They should just leave the customers wondering what the heck is going on and leave them to try and track you down and get the new contact details from a friend of a friend of a friend and put out desperate cries for help via the internet. That’s not the way you do business.
I really wonder how some people can treat their customers like this yet still remain in business. I see and hear it all the time. ::)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 04, 2010, 01:10:17 pm »
I thought C & J was just a one man business? & that Jeff cole was getting on a bit.

As a one man business I know what it's like to see time race by & promises go out the door. This is the main reason I usually don't accept payment until the frame is ready. It's the only way I can give my sometimes out of control life some credibility.
It also works the other way, I often get caught out with frames ready but then end up waiting several months for payment, & then some never reply at all.
On rare ocasions I have lost customers details, written down phone numbers wrong (dyslexic fingers)
or e-mails bounce back as ISP's think the e-mail is spam.

Is e-mail your only source of contact?
I have had quite a few e-mails over the years that I can't reply too for various reasons.
You can't always trust that your e-mail gets through or that their reply will get through to you.
Some ISP's have a spam filter box, try checking this for his reply, I have found a few e-mails that end up in this department & you won't know if you don't check it. He may not recieve your e-mail for the same reason. Some filters don't like some work e-mails
Try fax or phone if you can.

I know a guy that recieved his C&J a year or 2 back now & it took a while so I wouldn't give up hope.

G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 04, 2010, 01:29:09 pm »
Cand J have a history of this.   HE had issue then pulled in partners which went west, then packed up and moved on to Arizona i think you can try to call bill who is The New C&J Racing Frames for the last year or so (Bill) (928-377-1980) i dont think you where dealing with Jeff if this is in the last 12-24 months There number in North Carolina was 704-929-3978

Other person on the groundi think might be able to help you is Bob Neilson, i know he got burned with Dick fox and Shell, so he isnt fond of business scammers, he has good contacts in FT and would be able to locate him through guys like lineaweaver or Hos. ( Or even talk to Dale direct just email him - think his web site is dlineaweaver.com or somthing, just do a search for dale lineaweaver tuning, he'll track him down as he has done it before.  ;)

IF you can get your money back do, but youll ned to find out who actually cashed your cheque, and then get you coin back and buy a J & M Frame, turn around is only weeks.   Good luck.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 01:38:47 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 04, 2010, 05:39:33 pm »
Cand J have a history of this.   HE had issue then pulled in partners which went west, then packed up and moved on to Arizona i think you can try to call bill who is The New C&J Racing Frames for the last year or so (Bill) (928-377-1980) i dont think you where dealing with Jeff if this is in the last 12-24 months There number in North Carolina was 704-929-3978

thanks guys, no they sent me an email at the start of last year for the balance of payment and said the frame was ready to ship, I had spoken on the phone a few times, then they did a flit, phone number became disconnected, website is gone the works. Bill Culver was my contact point and his wife Kristina, they said they were partners of Coles, which given he was supposed to be a straight up guy and had featured in VMX I thought it looked as cool as anything.

So to Jeff, Bill and Kristina a big F$%^K you and it is going to come back on you one day. A friend of mine who builds flat trackers also got pinged for $800 deposit.

formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 04, 2010, 06:01:51 pm »
Good for you marcFX--sometimes its not just the money, its the principle of touching base and letting you know what has gone wrong with the deal.. ::)  9 months too long.  >:(
no conscious... no morals .....I too say up yours too J,B and K , in sympathy for the frame.  8)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline bazza

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2010, 06:15:38 pm »
Bastards sounds like a UK frame maker was well known for those tricks. Not far from japan to USA, big boy like you might have to pop in for a chat,dont give up and hound the prick
Once you go black  you will never go back - allblacks
Maico - B44 -1976 CR250- 66 Mustang YZF450,RM250
Embrace patina

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #11 on: January 04, 2010, 06:28:33 pm »
i wouldnt give up hope yet. I had major issues getting about $800 worth of NOS suzuki bits from UK from a so called reputable guy also featured/mentioned in VMX mag a while ago. It was an ongoing saga that took 3 plus years till i saw my parts. You could never phone him and when  you could get through there was excuses from his wife and when ever he did answer emails hes sorry story was that he kept having internet/email problems, which was all rubbish and he had plenty of time/opportunited where he could of set up a free yahoo/hotmail account to keep people up to date whats going on but he didnt. Eventually he decided he didnt want to send the parts to Australia, so i said ok send them to my UK friend which he agreed on that. Still nothing happened. On the odd occasion my UK friend got through to him by phone there was just endless excuses an no good reason as to why he had not sent my stuff. In the end my UK freind had to get his friend who didnt live to far away from this guy to go around and knock on the door and collect my parts as well as a part for my friend. The 'helper friend' thought he would ring the guy first while waiting outside his house and they wouldnt answer the phone. He could see the guy inside with his wife just sitting on the couch ingnoring the phone calls. So he had to knock on the door and it was only then that they answered the door. He eventually handed over the parts. He was also ment to hand back 60 pounds which was going to be the money for shipping my parts but since he was not shipping them to me he was ment to return the shipping costs. He didnt do that. It then took another 10 or so months for this guy to finally send the cheque to my UK friend who would then use that money to ship the parts to me. That was pretty much my worst experience ever but at least i go my parts in then end. Its really weird because when ever myself or my friend did get in contact with him he seemed really nice, but he had another side and really didnt know how to treat customers or run a business. I thought i would never see my parts but had to go to desperate measures to get them. I would have been stuffed with out friends in UK to help me.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010, 06:31:18 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 04, 2010, 06:36:44 pm »
Hope we all got friends like you LWC82PE, when it come to the time of need  :)
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 04, 2010, 07:05:33 pm »
yeah he might forget me but I won't forget him. I have a cousin Billy in Ohio and we are planning a little road trip.

formerly Marc.com

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 04, 2010, 07:13:33 pm »
That will do the job. 8)  .I have back up with a Harrington & Richardson Single if need be  ;D
It a pleasure to shoot people in the feet they never forget  :o  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!