Author Topic: The Nats  (Read 127827 times)

Offline Davey Crocket

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: The Nats
« Reply #180 on: March 04, 2010, 12:09:21 AM »
Looks good to me. ;)
QVMX.....Australia's #1 VMX club......leading the way.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: March 04, 2010, 01:10:52 AM »
GMC that track looks wonderbar  :-*  If we hear complaints on this track,tell them premix cement is cheapest at Bunnings.
I believe this years Nats may have been to early for us Westerners as we had just got home from Conondale Nats and then Christmas,then wham its March  :P  :-X my opinion only.

Great input for the class options too folks 8) -I would presume that the main sidecars would be pre85 only,thin chance you will fill the other sidecar class's and praying on the gathering of under pre 70 solo class's filling also  :-X
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: March 04, 2010, 06:17:12 AM »
Hi Pete,
The race order is the hardest thing to do, we have orginized two nats and trying to make everyone happy is very hard we spent three days and still had troubles. In my experance I think Brads 090 order is very close to the mark, try and keep the pre 75 250 and pre 75 263 and over well away from each other as a lot of riders do both classes as well as try and keep Pre 85 open and Evo open away from each other also.I think you can generly run age groups one after the other as they never clash try to put a pre 85 or evo race straight after and before all the age groups as you are more likly not to have too many riders doing Pre85 or evo as well as pre 75 age group racing.
My opion only I think that you are doing a fine job.

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: March 04, 2010, 08:30:23 AM »
Thanks one and all for the input.
I should have explained the concept is of a 'friendly to pre 1975 bikes' one where they get the optimum conditions early in the day and the longer travel bikes can cope with the ruts and bumps that develop.
Still, I'll await further comment.
Thanks for the photos GMC. Keep in mind it will be well watered with the fully automated system before the event.
A little (fast) birdy passed the word on that it was awesome in reverse and that there were a variety of passing lines that opened up in this direction.
Cheers,
D.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: March 04, 2010, 08:31:19 AM »
Brad, i would have to say your race order is a very good starting point.

the only thing then is to colate the entries and avoid the combining of any class's which will throw a spanner in the works.

on a side note, i do not agree with the changes made to the GCR's for this event, especially the numbers to consitute a class, it devalues the titles and the holders of previous titles for that class, tooooo easy if you ask me, what happens next year, will we see titles awarded for just showing up. MA has devalued those titles by allowing this to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WHAT CLUB CONSULTATION TOOK PLACE???????????????????????????

As for the pre 75 class's,

good luck for the event, but what a precident you have put in place

Cheers Trev
« Last Edit: March 04, 2010, 09:23:03 AM by worms »

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: March 04, 2010, 09:23:40 AM »
on a side note, i do not agree with the changes made to the GCR's for this event, especially the numbers to constitute a class, it devalues the titles and the holders of previous titles for that class, tooooo easy if you ask me, what happens next year, will we see titles awarded for just showing up. MA has devalued those titles buy allowing this to happen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I reckon the titles are far more devalued if they're not awarded.

Every class has its lean years and its strong years. Sometimes a class has a lot of depth, sometimes it hasn't got as much - the bloke that beats the other riders who care enough to turn up, is worthy of the title.
Really, you could argue that EVERY class 'devalues' the most popular class title... If the guy that wins pre- 75 250 beats 50 other riders to be awarded the title, is he devaluing the Evo-263+ title, because you had to be 55 other riders to win it? Etc.

There's also the simple issue of trying to do the right thing by as many riders as possible. What good does it do the sport if you tell nine riders that they don't get their own class, and they go home with the poops?

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: March 04, 2010, 09:27:21 AM »
The Nationals (and VMX in general) is not just a race meeting - they're also about history. History of MX, and now even the history of VMX. To simply sweep aside classes because 'only' nine riders turn up, is pretty rude.
Maybe interest in (say) pre-65 is minimal nowdays, but history has given that class a place in the programme.

If it gets to the point where only one rider turns up with a pre-65 250, then so be it - that rider is still interested and therefore worthy of the title. I understand that there are valid arguments about wasting time watching one bike circulate (etc), but I reckon that every title is decided by the people who care enough to chase it - nothing more or less.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline EML

• Legend
  • Ride the World before it Rides You
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: March 04, 2010, 09:41:33 AM »
Shite Drakie, I don't envy you or the team that sorts this lot out!!
I'm all for the Barstow to Vegas style-line 'em all up and let 'em go.
Nathan, I'm with you. let's face it, we wont get 10.000 screaming fans, but we will get some old guys that do want to watch old Beezas and Trumpys and Greeves etc...  SCRAMBLING around a paddock !!! even if there is only one or two of them. And the rest of us will enjoy it too.

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: March 04, 2010, 10:22:29 AM »
Calling all diehards!
Hi guys;
I just got off the phone to a panicked Preston MCC organiser who canned me for suggesting that we would get 200 entries; no worries.
They only have 40 so far and are thinking of pulling the pin on the event!
No matter how much reassurance I give them they are close to the tipping point of cancellation, despite the closing date being 2 weeks away.
P-L-E-A-S-E get your entries in NOW!
MrEggOnHisFaceDrakeford.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: March 04, 2010, 10:26:28 AM »
dont miss the point fellows!

dont devalue what this meet is"a NATIONAL TITLES" not a showcase like a CD event, you are paying to race for a title and therefore should not be watered down , changes accross the board for all class's yes but not just for this class or that one,

cheers Trev

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: March 04, 2010, 10:28:03 AM »
dont worry Drakie, they will all come at the last minute!

Cheers Trev

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: March 04, 2010, 12:38:48 PM »
dont worry Drakie, they will all come at the last minute!

Cheers Trev
Exactly Trev!
Too early to panic about numbers.. most people do leave it till the last minute.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: March 04, 2010, 12:59:18 PM »
They only have 40 so far and are thinking of pulling the pin on the event!
No matter how much reassurance I give them they are close to the tipping point of cancellation, despite the closing date being 2 weeks away.
P-L-E-A-S-E get your entries in NOW!
MrEggOnHisFaceDrakeford.

Jebus- the Supp Regs arrived in the mail less than a week ago! And yet we're expected to have the entries back to them already?!

How does that make sense?

Surely you can find a thread from 2009, 2008 and 2007 where the organsiers were screaming for entries a fortnight before the closing date - and yet they all got decent numbers of entries in the last couple of weeks.

Worms, sure - I have absolutely no objection to pre-75 requiring six entries to make a National Title class. Not really sure what it would achieve, but there you go.

Offline worms

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: March 04, 2010, 01:15:31 PM »
It just supprises me that MA get envolved and all of a sudden things are changed without consultation, every other club has been able to run the Nationals without the deletion of class's or changes to numbers to consitute a class, so why cant MA do the same. I just dont think we should water down our National Titles just because of falling numbers and that is what has been done IMO

cheers Trev

Offline Brian Watson

• Legend
  • First Penton in OZ
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: March 04, 2010, 02:36:15 PM »
I thinks Brad's version of 11:48:09 will work..but still belive that the "old" guys 60y plus should be on earlier in the day...get them while they are still awake... :o ...so say..evo 125 , race 2 could be swapped with them at race 16...everything else looks OK.....still ya can't please everyone ..and someone will have an issue somewhere....best mix presented so far I believe...