Author Topic: Trackmaster and other frame makers  (Read 12631 times)

cheapracer

Re: Trackmaster and other frame makers
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2011, 09:17:13 pm »
Hmmm - thread booked marked, may have to add to it soon  ;)

Offline firko

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, 06:59:05 pm »
Any news on our cheap Chinese Metisse "replicas" yet?
'68 Yamaha DT1 enduro, '69 Yamaha 'DT1 from Hell' '69 DT1'Dunger from Hell, '69 Cheney Yamaha 360, 70 Maico 350 (2 off), '68 Hindall Ducati 250, Hindall RT2MX, Hindall YZ250a , Cycle Factory RT2MX flat tracker, Yamaha 1T250J, Maico 250 trials, '71, Boyd and Stellings TM400, Shell OW72,750 Yamaha

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, 10:47:58 pm »
yeah im in , just waiting on the order form
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, 11:03:05 pm »
i think i will stick with my 1958 ariel duplex frame just need a good motor FIRKO!!!!!!!!

Tom Laird

« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2011, 07:07:47 pm »
David Uden,a friend of mine from Omaha,Nebraska,has a Sonicweld Swingarmed frame that Ray H.built for an Expert Racer from Fort Worth ,Texas. W.T Ruffner #74n at that time. It has a long rod ,route kitted T120 750 in it. The swingarm is a built up diamond shaped cross section.Tapered to the Duck plates.The glass is the basis for the trackmaster tank and seat. When Dave bought it it was rusted out under the frame rails in the down tube/cradle area. So ,it was off toour Buddy,Fred Cuba at Fred's Speed and Sport in Hastings ,Nebraska. Fred fabbed new frame rails and down tubes of 4130 and tigged them in.Wonderfull peice of work. Looked like it had never been repaired.This is the only one of these frames I have ever seen.anyway,after replating,the thing looks like a showbike now. I had the opportunity to ride it at Norton,KS about 10 yrs ago.apart from DAvid being a foot and a half taller than me it fit perfectly. Ha Ha. anyway,I did manage to get it into the main event. Ran last in the main. not the bikes fault.It handled great.I was just too short in the squat and couldn't hold it in the corners.Ray Hensley also built and developed the Star racer  650 Yamaha frame which was not a great succes,due to the fact it shook so bad at speed it spit you off. Not a great 1/2 miler,but worked good on short tracks.  Whew,didn't mean to get carried away. I'll shut up now,

Tom Laird

« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2011, 07:24:25 pm »
Cheney Engineering in Ottumwa/Bloomfield ,Iowa makes probably the best frames for singles  (XL/Xr Honda XT/TT Yam.) plus all the modern 450s and 250s,DTX parts and accessories,Brake units,etc. The stuff is really great quality and really budget priced. No,I don't work for Jerry Cheney LOL Just throwing some other options out there. I buy a lot of stuff from Jerry and also Fred's . to find Cheney's website,go to Flattrack,com he has a banner on the bottom of the forum. See ya,TCL

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2011, 06:21:33 am »
i have a staracer , fasttrack(out of new mexico) and champion all flattrack frames
jim