Author Topic: two of the same  (Read 6006 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
two of the same
« on: December 19, 2009, 09:44:35 pm »
G'day how many of you lot have two of the same model bikes same cc as well  ::)  just wondering if I should build a spare bike out of my spares I suppose it would be robbing Peter to pay Paul  :-\ jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: two of the same
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2009, 10:04:28 pm »
Why not, one race one for the Bar. In saying that i am currently selling one of my doubles on Ebay...
Brett
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2009, 10:11:22 pm »
I think if you have enough bikes to choose from to ride, having two of exactly the same ready to ride is a waste of time and money, when you could have one of something else you didn't have already instead.
I'm in a simliar similar situation with one of my bikes because I was building up a certain bike I had always wanted from two basket cases and had gotten about 90% there, when the opportunity to buy a very nice one for good $$$ came up. The 90% bike suddenly became a spares bike with a motor ready to go into the ride bike at short notice.
It is great to keep a spares bike as just that when it comes to things like motor rebuilds because you can be doing the rebuild while you have the other bike still ridable.
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2009, 10:20:18 pm »
i have a race bike and a early no bike both rideable.ie race bike engine no in thousands early bike in the hundreds.i will keep them both

Offline 4V5

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2009, 10:27:55 pm »
while rebuilding my 465 I was making two piles of parts, the good stuff and the spare parts.. I realised I had enough to build a second one.. great way to store the spare parts in one spot I figured. I even got into trouble from the minister of recreational pursuits for another bike just 'appearing'

cheers!
Leslie

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2009, 10:04:54 pm »
Walter my first port of call would be YSS  as that is something I don't have spare  ;D I wish I could just do it but so many ideas in such a small brain just doesn't work  ;D jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline David Lahey

• Legend
  • Gladstone, Queensland Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2009, 10:10:45 pm »
while rebuilding my 465 I was making two piles of parts, the good stuff and the spare parts.. I realised I had enough to build a second one.. great way to store the spare parts in one spot I figured. I even got into trouble from the minister of recreational pursuits for another bike just 'appearing'

cheers!
Leslie
Thats a good point. Yes I agree they take up much less space when assembled
previous pseudonym feetupfun

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2009, 10:20:19 pm »
If it is there it may aswell be doing something better it together than apart I have a few projects in the roof of my shed that will be coming down very soon thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline asasin

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2009, 10:43:28 am »
I am  nutter  ;D  I have 3x RM125 B and 3x Coopers :o It helps if you race them as I say in Vmx if you race 3 classes you need 6 bikes! ;)
If in doubt ,WIND IT OUT

Offline Canam370

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 21, 2009, 10:54:28 am »
I am  nutter  ;D  I have 3x RM125 B and 3x Coopers :o It helps if you race them as I say in Vmx if you race 3 classes you need 6 bikes! ;)

.............sorry asasin but you've got a ways to go before you hit 'nutter' status :-\
WANTED. Canams;all models,complete or parts.SWM stuff too!

I'm THE Thread Killer - when I post a thread dies!

ianscr250

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2009, 12:08:37 pm »
in the stable i have 3 1982 cr125 rc's and 2 1981 cr125rb's  most are in the build and lacking funds means they will take a while  but they should look good sitting in the paddock when there all done

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2009, 12:43:01 pm »
I’m another with multiples of one bike, In my case it’s XT/TT500 Yamaha’s and TM125 Suzuki’s.
As I’ve collected bits over time to do rebuilds/restos I’ve ended up with more than I needed so I’ve kept them as spares. I’ll build up more bikes as time permits and the parts are there.
TM’s were what I rode back then and the 500’s were the bikes I always wanted but never had.
I also find that people tend to let me know when they have 500 stuff to get rid of. I don’t look for parts but they are starting to come to me.
I have enough parts for many years of riding for minimal cost

Brent
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2009, 04:57:30 pm »
seems to be a common problem this 2 of the same bike thing.
while building my little MX125a i also had a spare bike. couldn't bare to see it just sitting there so i finished it off and then sold it off.
couldn't quite see the point in keeping 2 of the same though.
"flat bickie"

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2009, 05:37:10 pm »
Guilty as well  ::)

i have 2 1986 Honda CR250RG's.  8)
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

TT

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2009, 10:08:21 pm »
Sounds like one of my AA meetings...............

My name is Tony and I had 4 SP370's at one point and I've got 3 1968 CT90's now............  ::)

Yes, it may be a disease but I only bought them cos they were really cheap and nobody else wanted them.................  ;D