Author Topic: Vinduro cut off date?  (Read 17966 times)

gerpster

Re: Vinduro cut off date?
« Reply #30 on: December 08, 2009, 06:44:51 pm »

OK if I was to run a competition vinduro these are the classes I would start with.
What do you think.

Class 0       Pre 88 100cc2s/150cc4s
Class 1A/    Pre '77 up to 200cc
Class 1B/    Pre '77 over 200cc
Class 2A/    Pre '80 up to 200cc
Class 2B/    Pre '80 over 200cc
Class 3B/    EVO    up to 200cc
Class 3B/    EVO    over 200cc
Class 4A/    Pre '88 up to 200cc
Class 4B/    Pre '88 over 200cc

Cheers
Noel

Yeh if it was competitive those classes seem pretty OK. And if it aint competitive then the limit would be pre 1988...which seems pretty reasonable and in line with current turn up of bikes. Hmmmm could be very workable. I also like class 0, gets a class going for those tiddlers sitting in sheds waiting for a FUN class too.   :)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2009, 10:31:09 pm »
Meh.
I'm really don't understand why people are so keen to get worked up over this topic - we're just going for a trail-ride with a bunch of other people on old bikes.

If it was pre-90, and those scary water-cooled, double disc DT and KDX200s turned up, would it be a problem? Really?
From what I've seen, the guys that seem to be most outspoken against the idea of post-84 bikes aren't the fast guys anyhow, so (presumably) its not even about trying to pretend that you're Phil Lovett or Geoff Ballard....

The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

IT400C

« Reply #32 on: December 10, 2009, 01:12:01 am »
We're not worried so much about the trailride (non-competitive) side of it - we're discussing classes for competitive Vintage Enduros.

Just like VMX has classes (and a MUCH earlier cut off than Vinduros), we're talking about what to do for competition, if it ever eventuates.

I don't think anyone would say that a YZ250A or DT1M should compete against an 89 YZ250W or 90 YZ250A(2).  Same thing with enduros bikes.  A DT1 shouldn't have to compete against a 'scary' DT200 or KDX200.

The cut off year effects the type of course you lay out as well.  A DT1 would be stopped dead by some obstacles that a KDX200 wouldn't even notice.

When I was a kid, my Father was one of the organisers of what was considered the toughest enduro in SE QLD in the 1970's (Boonah).  It was nothing to have a greater than 50% DNF rate.  7 or 8 years ago we went back and rode some of the same trails again, and couldn't believe how easy they were on modern bikes.

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2009, 09:55:54 pm »
Just sitting here reading all of these threads and what i can read into all this is ( not competitive ) im working on a few bikes 1986   1989   and would like to join in on some FUN but if this is what its about ill ride with my mates and watch the concept of VINDUROS falling on its face , dont forget that most of the people who buy older bikes just want to ENJOY them ,talk, drink with like minded people any-who hah thats the way i see it ......
pre 84 thank you very much

Mick

« Reply #34 on: December 20, 2009, 12:39:13 am »
Scott since Vinduro has always gone under the Pre 85 banner, I find it strange that you are working on 86 to 89 models to ride in them, there is plenty of Pre 85 bikes for sale around the place, cheap to  ;D  ;)

Cheers Mick.

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 20, 2009, 07:47:00 am »
Hi Mick, I purchased the 86/89 not noing anythjng about production dates and vinduro RULES , thinking that its almost 2010 and 1986 / 1989 is over 20yrs and that these bikes are dirtbikes and not showroom roadies I dont want to race in a pointscore competition but fix and ride with like minded people , Tm sure there are alot of repairers/riders that are put off by the serious comp format, I read somewhere that the IT boys had a weekend at Jugiong and had a ball , this day/weekend Ithink this approach is an ideal way to kick off a vinduro concept,maybe then sit down for a meal/beer and discuss different avenues that the vinduro track should go . I live in N.S.W and would like to hear from riders who would like to go to Binacrombe for a ride (1hr north of Goulburn) 45min loop thats not to hard and plenty of area for kids to ride  ;D

Mick

« Reply #36 on: December 20, 2009, 10:10:21 am »
On my website I have some blokes that have Pre 80, Pre 85 & Pre 90 bikes and some have them regoed and some others plus me are going to get our bikes rec regoed and will be going on ride day-weekends next year,,that way we get to pick the tracks we want to ride on and there will be no entry costs,,,there is about 8 of us so far who are keen to do it and over time I hope this number will get bigger, just imagine the look on the young blokes faces on there mod bikes as a group of old 2 strokes come riding by  ;D...

Cheers Mick.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2009, 10:33:08 pm »
Hi Scott, I'm keen for a ride.

Although apparently Binacrombie is pretty lousy nowdays, and the riding park near Crookwell is a better choice.

GregACT is trying to get a Vinduro up and running at Fairbairn (ACT). Not sure about the time-frames.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Mick

« Reply #38 on: December 20, 2009, 11:00:34 pm »
Depending on the date I hope to make it to Gregs Vinduro.

Cheers Mick.

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 21, 2009, 10:40:20 pm »
On my website I have some blokes that have Pre 80, Pre 85 & Pre 90 bikes and some have them regoed and some others plus me are going to get our bikes rec regoed and will be going on ride day-weekends next year,,that way we get to pick the tracks we want to ride on and there will be no entry costs,,,there is about 8 of us so far who are keen to do it and over time I hope this number will get bigger, just imagine the look on the young blokes faces on there mod bikes as a group of old 2 strokes come riding by  ;D...

Cheers Mick.

I would be interested, but i have a dodgy YZ but its Rec Registerd. I would be happy to organise and lead a ride next year in the Area just south of Yea.
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50

gerpster

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2009, 02:05:21 pm »
Yeh it's very much still in the planning stages (which is why I haven't said too much      ::)   ) but I believe the ACT club is keen and I am hoping to get a Vinduro going at Fairbairn ACT in 2010 and maybe 2 if we get a good roll up to the first one...which I hope will be happening before the middle of the year.

There is still a lot to be discussed and a lot of work to do to the track (and possible tracks) and paper work no doubt. IF we can attract riders from NSW, VIC and ACT and even further afield (maybe) then this will certainly be a goer and will get a regular Vinduro happening that will be within a few hours drive for a lot of people.     :)

Offline scottm

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2009, 10:39:56 pm »
The vinduro ride in the ACT sounds like fun , can you post on here when things get closer , make sure theres some long fire trail sections , Id like to let the 500 2 smoker have its head, proberbly fall off going slow ,so a bit of speed into the equation want hurt (much) Is this a comp or social , do we need rego?

Hi Nathan, Binacrombies cut up a bit but last time I rode you could still have some fun, Crookwell doesnt ring a bell but Lochmarie is down the road from B/c  15 minutes and no need for rego at either , unless you head out to the forest/national park.

If theres a Victorian ride in the months of May/June I would be interested if you need a place in a trailer and a lift let me know Nathan.....

gerpster

« Reply #42 on: December 23, 2009, 12:30:25 pm »
Yes will certainly be posting up on a few sites when it is confirmed and I hope we have a date set early in 2010 to give all those interested a chance to attend. I am sure it will be a social rec ride (no rego) under club direction and I hope to make the track as long as possible. At the moment the rec/enduro track is a bit limited so I am hoping to get access to other area(s) but we shall see. It may be that we will need to build it as we go depending on the interest generated. In future years with a longer track and sponsors i am sure it would be a great event!!   ;)
But small steps right now in just trying to get something happening for the Vinduro circuit.   ;D

TT

« Reply #43 on: December 23, 2009, 10:10:44 pm »
I'm interested Greg. Please let us know as soon as you can when you have a date.

Don't tell him, I'm sure I could stay at Nathan's place.............  :D :D :D :D :D :D

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 24, 2009, 10:46:15 am »
Tony, you know you're always welcome. With a bit of warning, I could probably even find a bike for you to ride.
 Be good to start repaying some of the many favours I owe you (and I know you're not the kind of bloke to count favours).

:)