Author Topic: water/vapour blasting  (Read 9047 times)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
water/vapour blasting
« on: November 05, 2009, 09:16:38 pm »
Can anyone show me some close photos of what water/vapour blasted parts looks like?
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 09:59:06 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

oldfart

Re: water/vapour blasting
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2009, 09:24:37 pm »
Head and barrel both done.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2009, 09:36:12 pm »
Looks good.Did you coat it with something after the blasting or just leave it?

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2009, 09:41:21 pm »
The water/hydroblasting i had done was great.. It gave a mild polishished finish on a yz125f swingarm. It actually peens (if thats how you spell it) the alloy as it blasts, therefore not allowing dirt to get in the rough casting of alloy. We have had many things done and it makes it so much easier to keep clean i have found. The guy i used is an old car restorer engine builder around Sandringham in melbourne.
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2009, 09:56:47 pm »
The water/hydroblasting i had done was great.. It gave a mild polishished finish on a yz125f swingarm. It actually peens (if thats how you spell it) the alloy as it blasts, therefore not allowing dirt to get in the rough casting of alloy. We have had many things done and it makes it so much easier to keep clean i have found. The guy i used is an old car restorer engine builder around Sandringham in melbourne.

Woody .Greg Wood .I have had some bits done as well .I was wondering if I should coat them or not.The triples on my 84 were down and have lasted the season okay.

firko

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2009, 11:36:59 pm »
Dave Mac on this forum is setting up a water blaster but he's been quiet of late. Dave, are you there??

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 06, 2009, 05:25:18 am »

Woody .Greg Wood .I have had some bits done as well .I was wondering if I should coat them or not.The triples on my 84 were down and have lasted the season okay.

either of you maniac's have a contact #/address for Greg Wood ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline jerry

• Legend
  • Beware the work ethic of the evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2009, 09:02:45 am »
Hi Al. Greg Wood's contact details: 12/20 George St Sandringham 95970387. He did my head, barrel, inlet manifold, cases and rear hub. I can't speak highly enough of him. Excellent quality, realistic prices quick turn around and a good bloke to boot! I think I want his babies! Jerry

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2009, 09:34:32 am »
Hi Al. Greg Wood's contact details: 12/20 George St Sandringham 95970387. He did my head, barrel, inlet manifold, cases and rear hub. I can't speak highly enough of him. Excellent quality, realistic prices quick turn around and a good bloke to boot! I think I want his babies! Jerry

Beat me to it. Confirmed as a top bloke.

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2009, 07:35:07 pm »

Thanks JH, much appreciated.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Adam

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2009, 09:10:08 pm »
Woody is a top bloke. He's a perfectionist and his prices are excellent.  He did the entire engine and carb on my XR75 and more recently, the barrell/head/triples/carby etc for my RM250B.  I dropped in there today and his wife (Louise) did 3 alloy brake levers for me on the spot.   

Offline T250K

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2009, 10:19:37 pm »
 Can anyone recommend someone as good as this for wet blasting in West Oz Please ?

Cheers,    ;)     

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2009, 10:40:48 pm »
Can anyone recommend someone as good as this for wet blasting in West Oz Please ?
Cheers,    ;)    

sending pm
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline yamaico

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2009, 08:57:05 am »
Soda blasting is an alternative and also very effective. As long as you have a decent sized compressor you can set up at home for under $400 which, although a bit pricey, gives you the flexibility to do what you like when you like. The blasting medium is perfectly safe to use and doesn't mark or harm rubber, plastics etc. The process leaves behind a residue that can be cleaned with warm soapy water. Ideal for doing an engine without disassembling it - just tape up the holes and away you go. Any soda that does find its way inside can be just flushed out when finished. A 25kg bag of soda is about $75 but goes a long way. I've got one set up at home and am very happy with it.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2009, 10:33:35 am »
HOw do you Contain it ? or is it something you just point and shoot
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff