Author Topic: Heads will roll..(probably mine) Where does it end?  (Read 8463 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Heads will roll..(probably mine) Where does it end?
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2009, 12:44:00 pm »
"Build your bike to suit the rules dont try to change the rules to suit your bike ":)

too true, Bill, if you have built a bike that isn't class legal you always have the option to change classes OR build a trick bike with period legal bling. For example don't expect that 43mm YZ front end should be OK on a TT500....unless you are running pre 85.
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2009, 01:36:53 pm »
Nathan i enjoy your postings, you have an old head on a young body  :)

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2009, 01:48:44 pm »
I agree with all the posts so far ,VMX is what it means to you . To me its about finally havin the time and money to get a hold of the bikes i lusted over as a kid and plod around on them . I appreciate fast blinged up bikes and the work that goes into building them . Race them in the class they fit in and everyones happy . Oh yeah a TT500 with H model 43mm forks is EVO Legal .
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

All Things 414

« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2009, 02:02:30 pm »
Oh yeah a TT500 with H model 43mm forks is EVO Legal .
Yup.  ;)

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2009, 02:05:41 pm »
Oh yeah a TT500 with H model 43mm forks is EVO Legal .
Yup.  ;)

I  get it Ross . You are keeping your replies as brief as possible to avoid making punctuation and spelling mustakes!Its a kind of censorship ,right?

All Things 414

« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2009, 02:13:44 pm »
Na. I think I might have doubled up the medication this morning. And I'm too busy thinking about all the money I've just spent on the 465 when the head's just gone on the van. Grouse bike these 465's are tho I gotta say. Yes sir. I've managed to buy just about every major component I've need from my Yamaha man. Yes sir I'm tickitty boo.
What does VMX mean to me?
Kick, fight, punch, cheat, lie and God dammit this bike will be a living example of that simple filosify (try finding that on spell-check!  ;))

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2009, 02:19:38 pm »
i just relisied they dont run forks in japan they use chopsticks  ,there lies the problem
« Last Edit: November 04, 2009, 02:40:23 pm by paul »

Offline bigk

• Legend
  • Kangaroo Flat Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2009, 03:16:35 pm »
It's a tuning fork that Ross needs...
Cheers,
K

MC

« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2009, 10:34:54 am »
DJ - this another one of those posts like the  - "do real men ride 125s"? That one ended in a few toys bein thrown out the cot mate.

The answer to the question is simple - while blokes have machinery in their garage they will always tinker with it and make it go faster, then they get die grinders and start porting then they look for weight savings and so, and so on.

I was talkin to a guy the other day that paid more for a Mugen barrel and head than my 84 yz 250 owes me fully rebuilt, I shit you not.

The great thing about VMX is no matter how fast you ride you can always find someone to have a dice with, and there is always gonna be someone faster and probably some slower, Trophies are a pain in the ass, they cost you a shitload to get engraved, they are a pain in the butt to dust and to add insult to injury you get the privilege of payin to courier the bloody things back to the club at the end of the year to start the bloody thing all over again.

Only my opinion for what it's worth

Missed you boy's at the STATE OF ORIGIN last weekend, maybe next year ah, may see you at the Johnny Old's in April.

Cheers MC

mainline

« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2009, 08:04:13 pm »
with all the "preserving the era", and "as it rolled off the showroom floor" talk, I'm wondering whether a control tyre isn't on the cards? You certainly get a better advantage with modern tyres than you do by saving a few hundred grams with an alloy swingarm.

Maybe Dunlop K190's, they're still available, and will probably outlast the bike.

;D

« Last Edit: November 07, 2009, 08:06:22 pm by mainline »

albrid-3

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2009, 08:39:10 pm »
vmx to me is about the history of our sport, scrambling if you wish to call that or you wish to call it Motorcross, l like to call it scrambling, anyway its about the bikes and the people involve, new friends and contacts you get out of it, and people checking out your bike that you painfully restored, and in keeping within the rules. I can ride as good as the next fellow, but l don`t care out trophies, or winning or losing l miss getting up in the morning and setting off, l like camping at the track, talking bullshit about our sport. l live my dream in what l have done for my sport whether riding or promoting, l live the dream of my brother (VIP) I race vintage with his number, and l am rebuilding a Dot that my brother rode and when l ride that Dot he will be with me. I JUST LOVE VMX.

Curly3

« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2009, 09:17:29 pm »
How long is a piece of string?
The majority of racers at the pointy end of any field are more than likely, stretching the boundaries.
The closer you get to the pointy end and the driver or rider skills are pretty equal and performance of machinery can be the only difference.
I know of several big names who regularly used," Bigguns" or Nitro and managed to get away with it for years. With the progression of time and technology trust has been eroded by people getting caught.
At the end of the day we don't want to Police the sport out of existance and there needs to be a large amount of mutual trust or the fun will rapidly disappear.
This an argument that will never go away, as long as the majority are enjoying the experience then its worthwhile.

Phill Osofer.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2009, 10:11:54 pm »
I like vmx meetings due to the laid back easy going atmosphere.. We catch up,ride old bikes on new tracks, speak a bit of shit, some have a beer and fug off home. Like boys/men/girls do, we like to tinker with our bikes.. so to see a persons bike differ from the next shows there personallity towards there hobby, and i like that aspect. Some have much more cash to splash than others but at the end of the day, vmx is most part a cheap or expensive as you like to make it form of enjoying your past or present hobby.
 As everywhere, There are people that take it  100% serious, but if thats there thing good on them. Its there passion and money..
If this internet forum didn't exist, two thirds of the bull shit wouldn't exist. But its healthy and i like reading this forum to see what people agree and disagree on..  if we were all the same, the world would be boring.
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline mxmaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2009, 06:22:46 pm »
Where are the other regulars who normally add there 2 bobs worth to any topic of similar nature?
Maico's, the only way to go.

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2009, 07:10:29 pm »
Where are the other regulars who normally add there 2 bobs worth to any topic of similar nature?

Dun no . like who?