Author Topic: shipping frames from USA  (Read 9856 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: shipping frames from USA
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2011, 05:09:39 PM »
In November, I had a TM400 frame I bought off ebay shipped from Utah, USA .... to Melbourne.
It was delivered to my front door in 11 days..
The guy I bought it from just sent it through USPS Priority Mail.
It was $197.00 to send a 31lb/14kg frame all packaged in cardboard & tape.
Beautiful job...

Thanks for that info Suzukal....
plus a pre65 engine for $490! for 79 lbs of motor.Not sayng the 65 frame import will be lighter than Suzukal's.
Now for a hypothetical we just need the rest of the bike brought either here or OS  ;D 
Still cheaper to import a whole bike and get it to WA ??
Food for thought- only for those interested  8)
cheers A
« Last Edit: January 21, 2011, 05:19:14 PM by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2011, 10:13:12 PM »
I just bought a frame in the US on Evilbay.
It was going to cost me $39 for the seller to post it to Robin at Shoreline in the US,then $100 for Robin to get it from the US to Brisbane,which I think is entirely reasonable.
Then $? to send it to Newcastle.
Going on what Paul said about posting it I thought I will give it a try.
The seller said wrapped up really well with USPS was $180 and should be here in ten days.
Previously I have imported a frame by a Mustang importer in Melbourne and with a permit and charges etc cost over $300.
 I will let you know the results when it gets here.

Offline monte34

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 22, 2011, 09:14:59 AM »
I did the same thing a couple of years ago, the seller wrapped up the frame with about a kilometer of gladwrap and cardboard. Inside were numerous other small bits and pieces which bumped up the weight a bit but it all got here in about a fortnight for a couple of hundred dollars. The wife wasn't too happy though when she went to pick it up from the PO. The local PO people weren't impressed either :o

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 24, 2011, 03:51:49 PM »
Add the 14kg weight to Firko's weight in thread :O)
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline HL500

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »
Hi guys, I was just quoted $180US to send a RM370 frame to Perth.  $100US for the frame itself on ebay.  Seems to work on the 30lbs.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2011, 04:00:42 PM »
container is leaving from san francisco will getting loaded next week so should be here about 6wks .dont know where i am going to put 54 bikes plus customers bikes :( :o

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2011, 10:55:46 PM »
Gees no wonder i can sell my bikes.  You must be flooding the market...
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline rf145

• Novice
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 12:11:55 PM »
I live on the East Coast of the USA (New Jersey) and I use an exporter that ships out of the Port of Newark in New Jersey. I am able to ship on pallets, and crates of bike parts (bikes) that are dropped of at a loading dock and then placed in a container. One issue that I ran into with the last bike I shipped over there is that my exporter gave the wrong dimensions on the crate and it cost me some money out of my own pocket.

It also takes up quite a bit of time this way and it would be much easier if someone over there on that side of the world has a container going from this port every now and again. This way I could just drop off the parts at the container and be done with it, and hopefully save the buyer some money in the procress.

Anyone shipping containers out of the North East of the USA? I have two frames waiting to come over to your side of the big pond.

Richard

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 01:06:05 PM »
i just got a 77 aw frame posted for 180.00 us  usps / it arrived in 8 days

Offline Moto

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2011, 07:12:13 PM »
My frame turned up today at the Post office,the tubes were well covered in cardboard then wrapped repeatedly in plastic wrap.
It took approx 16 days to get here. He charged $180. The actual postage was $146. The amount of time taken to wrap it properly and material to protect it,I think this was a good deal.The frame cost $70 on ebay.   

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2011, 10:50:26 PM »
My frame turned up today at the Post office,the tubes were well covered in cardboard then wrapped repeatedly in plastic wrap.
It took approx 16 days to get here. He charged $180. The actual postage was $146. The amount of time taken to wrap it properly and material to protect it,I think this was a good deal.The frame cost $70 on ebay.   

Excellent - ya gotta love VMX 2011 prices  :P  ;D
cheers A
Best is in the West !!