Author Topic: VMXWA 15th Anniversary  (Read 28154 times)

Offline Rossvickicampbell

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VMXWA 15th Anniversary
« Reply #90 on: August 31, 2010, 01:48:27 pm »
what an absolutely brilliant weekend - except for a few who thought they were racing for sheep stations and came a gutsa - all was great.

The club and organisers really need a huge pat on the back - looking forward to the 20th now  ;D

cheers

Rossco
1974 Yamaha YZ360B
1980 Honda CR250R - Moto X Fox Replica

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: August 31, 2010, 03:28:53 pm »
you having a go and me and garry, Rossco!!lol
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline fatboyracing

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: August 31, 2010, 07:20:51 pm »
Just home from West what a great 4 days thanks to Rossco "The Costume Man" for picking me up and dragging me around WA and back to the airport yesterday.What a great meeting Peter Barker,the club and everyone involved in organising should be congratulated 120 pre 75 riders, 200 bikes and what an event.Some very fast guys but even more smiles. Great to meet Mick "the pensioners friend", Trevor "no arse", Garry "Smashed Kidney" and Mike "kidney killer" nice to also see again Tossa, Mark,Gary and John from Victoria along with Steve and Alison from WA Only wished I could of ridden oh well maybe next time.

Cheers
Fatboy

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 01, 2010, 03:43:46 pm »
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 01, 2010, 08:06:27 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pu_uybYxCN0

27 seconds of an Aussie,Aussie,South African(Bunny Ears),Aussie racing pre75. 8)

Maico,XL350,Bultaco and a Husky  8)
« Last Edit: September 01, 2010, 09:19:24 pm by VMX247 »
Best is in the West !!

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 02, 2010, 05:59:57 pm »
Red Alert ...there is an awesome photo of you doin the berm on
make that two awesome photos on the same page  ;D

http://www.perthmx.com/photos/p17_sectionid/263/p17_imageid/28536
Best is in the West !!

Offline RED ALERT

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 04, 2010, 12:07:58 pm »
Thanks, I ordered an A4 print and Shan from PerthMx also sent me the file. Good to see so many people taking photos all weekend, there must be a lot of good stuff out there.  ;D

Offline FourstrokeForever

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 07, 2010, 08:13:24 pm »
Tossa....you are a tossa, no two ways about about it. Was great to meet you but I think I`ll wear gloves next time I get to shake your hand and laugh at you in pain. I've got this weird rash growing up my arms........????? Maybe next time you might be up for 8 races a day and then the finals, instead of hangin around waving a flag and layin on the track wasting time!

To all the crew from WAVMX, thanks for a great 4 days. The organisation of the event could not have been better and I know that memmories of such an awesome venue and a great bunch of people will remain until I (we) get back there for the 20th. The track was absolutely pristine and I can only imagine the hours put in. Well done to all those involved with the running of a top event. Those that didn't get over there this year may well have missed out on some of the best riding on the vintage calender. Roll on the 20th anniversary. I have a feeling it will be even bigger.

A huge thank you to All the volunteers who hang around and help us lot have all the fun.

It would be great to see a few of you blokes and bloketts come over and have a go at what i think is one of the best natural terrain tracks in Aus, Harrow. Im sure much fun could be had. I heard a rumour that a queens birthday long weekend may be on. Keep an eye on www.classicscamble.org.au

Excellent photo's Christine...At least one you has talent!

Cheers

Arrogance.....A way of life for the those that having nothing further to learn.

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 07, 2010, 08:21:29 pm »
instead of hangin around waving a flag and layin on the track wasting time!

:D...keeps the world going round these kinds of vmxer's.  ;D
All good times,glad to see your home..
Will meet up again I'm sure.  8)
cheers Steven and Alison
Best is in the West !!

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 07, 2010, 09:03:40 pm »
Yeah, the people wavin flags keep it all happening all right. Without them, our sport would be hard to keep going. Not so sure about the people laying down on the track though.....

We got back on Thursday night, spent friday pulling my B50 to bits after finding I had cracked the seat base which dislodged the airfilter. Seems I managed to sneek some of Narrogin across the border inside my motor. Ahh the joys!

It was a great time, both on the wheels and around the fire. Im sure we will meet up again, sometime in the not too distant future I hope.

Thanks for the good clean racing Steve, which is more than I can say for my team mate!

Cheers
Mark

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2010, 10:08:10 am »

Cheers

Hey Mark at least we acheived something last to bed as the rest just couldn't handle the pace.  If you want anymore photo's just email us at [email protected]  Sorry about the nana nap during the race, still getting over very sore and sorry off work until Sunday.  Was great talking slow to you eastern states boys, almost as slow as you raced!!!lol  Come back again
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2010, 02:57:09 pm »
Well it must of been good, with five race reports and a newsletter..... :P

http://vmxwa.com/
Best is in the West !!

• Legend
  • AKA Mark H #35 VCM
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2010, 06:56:06 pm »

Cheers

Hey Mark at least we acheived something last to bed as the rest just couldn't handle the pace. 

Yeah, someone has to hold the torch for us mexicans mate.....lucky i did stay up so late (2 hours more than you according to the clock!) otherwise I would have ridden even slower..... Still, the whole shebang was top stuff and I had a ball followin most of the A grade around and only had 3 DNF's and 1 late start  ::) Not bad considering I did more laps on Friday practice than I had since Connondale Nats  ;D

I will take you up on the offer of more pics. Email on the way!

Hope your'e on the mend and not whingin anymore. God knows Christine would have had enough by now.

Cheers
Mark