Author Topic: Dirt track set up  (Read 1660 times)

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Dirt track set up
« on: October 10, 2009, 12:00:09 pm »
G'day viewers I'm having a go at setting up a bike for dirt track when sitting on the bike while riding it where are you up near the tank or over the middle or at the back of the seat I'm having a go at making the seat my self and would like to get it right the first time.While I'm at it how much fuel would you need for a 400cc two stroke per race taking into account the average length of a dirt track race in Aussie  :-\  thanks jimson
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:05:48 pm by jimson »
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Re: Dirt track set up
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 08:40:23 pm »
My opinion, I have done 3 meetings only.. sit closer to the tank than the middle of the seat, i take 10 litres of vortex per meeting at Nepean that gets me through a day's racing running a yz125 in 125 classic , yz250 in two classes.....
OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 09:12:46 pm »
Thanks Oldyzman the reason I asked about fuel is I have DT400 and the tank is large I was going to run a smaller tank but don't want to run out of petrol before the end of the race  :o I have a GT80 tank sitting on the frame and it looks kinda cool in a funny sorta way.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2009, 04:48:30 pm »
g'day jimson, i suggest your seat needs to allow you to slide up near the tank for the start gate unless you like wheelies [which i dont] but not restrict you from sliding your bum towards the back to give you traction when you feel wheelspin. how high the seat needs to be depends on your body shape and you might need to change it to suit....don't forget, no rear nobblies allowed. enjoy.cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2009, 05:01:39 pm »
You use the whole length of the seat at different times.