Author Topic: MK3 on ebay  (Read 2650 times)

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
Re: MK3 on ebay
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 01:31:22 am »
show bike that's for sure. :o..wouldn't want to sneeze near it  ;D
cheers
Best is in the West !!

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 07:44:30 am »
I think if you start with a new kit thats what they end up looking like.... er new

My Mk3 I am trying to resist the temptation to plate and polish..... as it is nice original 1960s frame I want to keep a used but not abused look about it.
formerly Marc.com

mx250

« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2009, 07:56:53 am »
..... as it is nice original 1960s frame I want to keep a used but not abused look about it.
Erh, good luck. Spit and polish and bling is actually easier :P. (I like both but really appreciate appropriate patina.) 

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2009, 08:19:12 am »
Erh, good luck. Spit and polish and bling is actually easier :P. (I like both but really appreciate appropriate patina.) 
[/quote]

Yeah if I was replating the frame then I may as well build bling bike, but in this case the frame has mint old goldy nickel look about it. So I will just use good second hand parts and a little autosol.
formerly Marc.com

TM BILL

« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2009, 09:18:18 am »

Yeah if I was replating the frame then I may as well build bling bike, but in this case the frame has mint old goldy nickel look about it. So I will just use good second hand parts and a little autosol.
[/quote]

Got any pics Marc  :) that is one project i will follow with interest . I like your vision on this one , the ebay bike is beautifull and i would love to own it  :) But to builld one with a good original frame and quality used parts i think the result will be even better .

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2009, 09:58:44 am »
Hey Bill,

you can probably check out the progress next time you  are in Pukekohe. Just keep your hands where we can see em mate  ;D

Yeah I was checking out Craig at Hamcos Matchless / Rickman.... just has that superb original feel about it.

BRG Marc
formerly Marc.com