Author Topic: TS 250 pipe dimensions  (Read 1992 times)

Offline farmer58za

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
TS 250 pipe dimensions
« on: September 11, 2009, 07:32:46 am »
Hi All
Anyone got Exhaust pipe dimensions for a Suzuki TS 250? I'm leaving the porting and carb standard for now but I've just got hold of a TM 250 top end which may be bolted on later.
Thanks in advance
David
Dave's not here man

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
Re: TS 250 pipe dimensions
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2009, 08:22:31 pm »
Contact GMC he builds real nice pipes & if the TM frame is much the same as a TS and you put a TM top end on it away you go  ;D jimson
Just a balless freak having a go

Offline farmer58za

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2009, 04:20:23 am »
Dave's not here man

DR

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2009, 06:48:12 am »
David, the pipe looks good, jealous of your skills as that's the sort of pipe I'm chasing for mine..eventually that is..the bike has sat for over 12 months in this state and I doubt I'll get to it this year either ;) what sort of triple clamps/forks have you fitted? Could almost be mistaken as my bikes brother ;D also planning to take another L model back to totally original though maybe not totally restored as I like to ride em' given the chance ;)

« Last Edit: September 21, 2009, 07:15:45 am by Doc »

Offline farmer58za

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2009, 01:56:39 am »
David, the pipe looks good, jealous of your skills as that's the sort of pipe I'm chasing for mine..eventually that is..the bike has sat for over 12 months in this state and I doubt I'll get to it this year either ;) what sort of triple clamps/forks have you fitted? Could almost be mistaken as my bikes brother ;D also planning to take another L model back to totally original though maybe not totally restored as I like to ride em' given the chance ;)

Doc
Those are Montesa (pre-75) forks. Swopped with a friend for a Maico ignition. Easy fit (so I thought........!) I had to make a longer centre stem, plus lengthened fork caps. Notwithstanding the satisfaction I got from making the bits, It would have been easier to go to the local breakers yard and pay a crazy price for 2nd hand Suzuki items.

The pipe cones were bent with a rubber hammer over a mandrel (bit of pipe) in the vise. Header from a local exhaust shop. Pipe routing was done as I went along. The welding got better towards the back. My mate said I should have started there and worked forward  ;)

David

Dave's not here man

DR

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2009, 12:09:17 pm »
okay David, that sounds eay enough, if I start at the finish I shouldn't have a problem :P call me extra curious and a pathetic pilferer of profound images but can you tell me a bit more about this bike below? Can't say I've seen one but I like what I see 8)

http://i215.photobucket.com/albums/cc198/farmer58za/100-1844_IMG.jpg

Offline jimson

• Legend
  • Sanctuary point N.S.W
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2009, 10:21:02 pm »
G'day Farmer the pipe looks real good  8)  keep putting pic's up as you go along the bike is taking shape.jimson
Just a balless freak having a go