Author Topic: Who's going to Benalla?  (Read 7498 times)

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Who's going to Benalla?
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2009, 09:32:08 am »
sorry for leaving early guys next time definetly Nathan i missed a few other guys too we had to leave early to get home at a reasonable time i didnt really know alot of guys there that was my first vinduro so i didnt know who was who a couple of guys come and had a chat at the start Mark, Tex, Wombat etc etc next time i can stay i think they said castella first weekend of December my grandparents live right near there so will be definetly able to go i had a great time they have already posted some photos on    www.endurobiketalk.com   thanks alot Michael.  :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2009, 09:45:16 am »
For your first Vinduro you did all right to get around Frosty. You went past quite a few times, you must have clocked up a dozen or so laps.

Yes, Castella, first Sunday in December, That should make it the 6th.
They will have a course to ride but I'm not sure if it will be a full on Vinduro. I'm under the impression it is more about an end of year get together / BBQ
They will be looking for input on what directions the sport should take in 2010 so be sure to come along for a meet (meat) & greet & have a say.
Stay tuned for more info on this one. (Over to you Drakie)
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline frostype400

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2009, 09:52:14 am »
yeah i only dropped the bike twice on the hill climb i stayed upright though there seemed to be a few guys going down all over the place i cant remember how many i did i thought i was around 13 ??? 30 mins was a bit more than what it was taking me i was doing it in 15 or less but you could see how it could easily turn into thirty thanks Michael. :)
1971 tm400 and PE's

Offline Tex

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 29, 2009, 09:25:12 am »
Another tremendous event! Mechanical issues, compounded by a reasonable sized crash, saw my riding end about half way through the day. I still had a great time though. Poor old PE is a bit more battered than usual! The track was great, and the atmosphere fantastic as always.

Thank you to everyone who made this happen -  DVMCC, land owner, organisers, et al...

There's some dubious quality photos here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/94704762@N00/sets/72157622348559705/

GMC, was that your KDX175?

Tex

mx250

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2009, 09:33:06 am »
Looks cold :-\

...but I'll have to put the event on the Bucket List. ;D

Thanks for the pixies ;) 8).

Offline GMC

• Legend
  • Broadford, Vic
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 29, 2009, 09:43:55 am »

GMC, was that your KDX175?

No Tex, it was the spitting image of mine though, right down to the faded rear guard & L/H side cover.

I got mine running for the first time Sat arvo but couldn't get it to run cleanly so I left it at home.
Bummed out would be an under statement.
Still, if I had of ridden it I would have been bloody sore on Monday.

It was potentially good weather except for the wind which cut right through you.

Considering the rain in the lead up to this event there was bugger all mud really.
G.M.C.  Bringing the past into the future

Shock horror, its here at last...
www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com

For the latest in GMC news...
http://www.geoffmorrisconcepts.com/8/news/

Offline DIRTPILOT72

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2009, 11:25:12 am »
This was my first Vinduro and i had a lot of fun. My main concern was that the YZ would make it without any major breakdowns and how hard a converted MX bike would be to ride. The bike made all 11 laps i managed to get in before i fell in a heap ( unfit, not enough riding).
 I only managed to ride the bike for an hour last weekend, so this was its first outing. Took a bit of getting used to compared to the WR250F. Stalls easier, explosive midrange, and eye watering top end made for a fun ride, suspension felt good. Handling was the biggest difference between modern bikes and this bike. Did not fall off once either which i was happy about.
The course was great with a bit of everything. Favourite was the special test, least favourite was the off camber corner after the big downhill back into the paddock. Good stack in the rocks by Nathan S was also good, thanks for that.
 The weather was good considering what its been like recently, once on the bike it was warm enough. Thanks to everyone involved organising the event.
Honda XR200 x2
Honda XR250
Yamaha Yamahopper QT50

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 01:26:27 pm »
Here's a Benalla child  ;D GO THE AUSSIES

Savatgy is also facing a strong Aussie challenge in the 125cc 13 to under 15 years class in the form of Benalla rider, Dylan Long, who is tied on points with only one race to go.

Long is currently leading the 85cc 14 to under 16 years class, however he faces some stiff competition from New South Wales’ Luke Clout and current World Champion Jay Wilson who are all within seven points of the lead.

today is the final

http://www.fullnoise.com.au/
Best is in the West !!

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2009, 09:05:31 am »
Good stack in the rocks by Nathan S was also good, thanks for that.
:D Happy to oblige mate, happy to oblige...
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.