Author Topic: Acerbis MOTO KORP ride gear  (Read 808 times)

Offline TeeBone

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
Acerbis MOTO KORP ride gear
« on: September 03, 2009, 04:49:04 pm »
Needing new gear, I looked around and being that my build puts me in the "larger gents" size, I read with interest the product review on these in VMX and I thought I'd share my findings on the above gear.
It is listed as going up to a BIG MAC sized 50" pant and a 5XL Jersey. Firstly, it is waaaaaaaay smaller than you'd expect. I have just gone into a 40" pant (yes I'm big boned :) ) and knowing (thru the product review) that they were smaller, tried to order a 42" - none left, have to have a 44" unless I wished to wait until October. Teamed up with a 4XL top, I'd say the gear is NO bigger than an ordinary 40" and a XXL Jersey. I'm glad they had the 44" in stock!
The pants seem well constructed, but crash testing will reveal all. Curiously, there is only a burn guard on the Right inner leg only. I like the accordion knee area, it makes wearing knee braces so much more comfy.
The Jersey has a fully vented back and wrist area, with padding in the elbow/forearm and shoulder areas. Also built in are zippered areas to allow the fitting of a Leatt brace without needing to cut the jersey!

All up, I'm happy with the gear, just need to "test" it out some.....
Destined to a life behind bars. A garage full of KTM's and a 73 CR 250M Honda....H7 250 Monty will be at Harrow!
A "never was" of the Nineties...