Author Topic: VALE BOB  (Read 1581 times)

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
VALE BOB
« on: August 31, 2009, 11:06:13 pm »
The weekend just past at Nepean Raceway.will go down as a great memory for a great number of great blokes who came together for the greatest nostalga fest of a lifetime..The opportunity to meet up with old aquaintances, race mates, sights and smells that will not be forgotten. The great pleasure of meeting up once again only a few months ago with an old friend from the 60s&70s then to enjoy his company,on the weekend to beat all weekends, with all the other mates from the past plus the new friends that one meets in this great sport was a never to be surpassed pleasure. However the further camerarderie to be enjoyed with Bob Shuttleworth came to a sudden end on sunday evening with his death.                                      VALE BOB SHUTTLEWORTH.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Curly3

Re: VALE BOB
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2009, 07:44:28 am »
That's very sad news Wally and a sobering end to what was a great weekend. Along with the passing earlier this year of Allen ( Soapy ) Taylor we have lost two of the great characters of a great era in a great sport.
I'm pretty sure Soapy's ashes were spread at the track the weekend before.
They'll both be sadly missed.

Offline micks

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 01, 2009, 07:49:03 am »
sad to hear about bob.
bob put a lot of enrgy into this weekend as he was the organiser of the reunion of the parramatta motorcycle club.he seen to put in life into the club be it parramatta mcc or the city of penrith mcc.ride on bob.

firko

« Reply #3 on: September 01, 2009, 09:57:19 am »
My condolences go to Bob, his family and Parramatta club mates. I didn't get to meet Bob but did get to meet a number of the old fellas, especially the old Merrylands club boys that Wally introduced me to at the Nepean 50th Anniversary on Sunday. To see the spark in their old eyes while they talked about their days in the saddle was a truly great experience. I'm sure Bob Shuttleworth would have been equally as proud and passionate and would died a contented man, knowing that his passion for his club and the glory days of dirt track made a lot of others happy.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: VALE BOB SHUTTLEWORTH.
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2009, 03:42:24 pm »
 The funeral arrangements for the late Bob Shuttleworth are as follows .1.30 PM Monday 7th Sept. at Maquarie Park Crematorium , Delhi Rd. Nth Ryde, in the Camelia Chapel.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 08:39:26 am by wally cox »
dont follow me i'm probably off line!