Author Topic: Container transport  (Read 2769 times)

Container transport
« on: August 16, 2009, 04:24:42 pm »
After seeing the WA guys and how they get to the nationals, i want to get myself sorted with the most efficient way to get my bikes to the nationals next year and possibly provide the service to other Qlders as well. I want to know who transports these things so i can get a quote. I like the idea of not having to drive for four days there and back.

mainline

Re: Container transport
« Reply #1 on: August 16, 2009, 06:24:35 pm »
Here we have an artists impression of Brad's new bike transporter. Obviously the bikes are already onboard and you can see his pit crew being ushered on ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2009, 06:26:22 pm »
to small for him :o
« Last Edit: August 16, 2009, 06:41:41 pm by PAUL »

Offline pmc57

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2009, 06:39:07 pm »
Brad,
I kick myself for not being keen enough to enter the nats, so your idea sounds like a hoot. If me and my bike/s are in a position to go to the nats next year, please put me down on your short list if there's room.
I agree with your thoughts, why do a road trip for two or three days when you can fly in the day before and it's all waiting there for you.
Peter

mc 61

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2009, 07:34:58 pm »
Brad Know a guy that furniture transports to Sydney and Brisbane always looking for back loads. Can talk to him if you like. PM me if you want me to follow up on it. Depot just around the corner from me could store for you or pick up. No promises can only ask.

oldfart

« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2009, 07:58:59 pm »
Brad, I think it worked out at around $300-00 per bike with back numbers @ 30 bikes per container .... which to me was a bloody cheap way of doing. 

Offline oldskool

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2009, 09:23:47 pm »
hi all just about any transport company will move containers for the right money.a place i used to work for in sydney called villawood truck sales used to build race transporters,theyve been used for drag cars/bikes sprint cars.he also used to supply a truck for i think it was called the world masters solo series.it carried all the riders speedway bikes in the tour around australia.if he can see his name on something and make a couple of dollars out of it hes a happy man he might be worth contacting.the company is now called villtruck and they are located at windsor in sydney.thanx gary

Offline Maicojames

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2009, 01:49:39 am »
Here we have an artists impression of Brad's new bike transporter. Obviously the bikes are already onboard and you can see his pit crew being ushered on ;D

Sadly, the C-5 Galaxy is about as big as it gets.  ;D
Life is suddenly very Monaro

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2009, 09:12:20 am »
if the costs were to work out at around the $300~ish mark, give or take a bit, i'd be keen to buy into the idea. could possibly throw a few hours into helping set it up too.
"flat bickie"

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2009, 12:34:24 pm »
Very good mainline,I pissed myself laughing.Brad I reckon a few club guys would be into this,but I reckon you would need a whole container to yourself having seen your setup at the nats!

Offline Drakie

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2009, 05:08:41 pm »
The WA guys made wooden crates 500W, 1800L, 1100H, 15 down, 15 up on MDF sheets in a 20 footer. The usual gap for a forklift is required. They still had 500mm space up top. Their crates fitted the bike (front wheel out, handlebars off), spare wheel, riding gear and tools. That's value when they get them loaded and off by the company. Unfortunately the guy in Qld didn't turn up until 3pm so they had to unload them physically.
Hey, get them there a week earlier and have an extra 2 days practice. There will be no excuses for not having your bike dialed to the track next year!
Cheers,
D.

« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2009, 05:38:58 pm »
You're cracking me up  :D
I am going to see if i can get this off the ground ( not the plane !) . Then work out how many and how much. I am thinking of keeping the bikes whole at this stage and build a mezzanine for all the accessories . Thats if enough bikes can fit and enough people commit AND if its viable and i buy a container and.....

« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2009, 07:41:36 pm »
Looks like this thing might fly ! $300 per bike return, Im thinking 8-10 bikes on top of mine (four i 'spose ).
I will have to work out how many bikes will fit in a container without putting them in a crate.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2009, 07:49:44 am »
The bobcat guy in Qld was organized months in advance and my understanding was that a
thursday afternoon unload had been agreed upon by all parties.They wanted acces to the bikes earlier and the bobcat guy couldnt get there so they unloaded themselves.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 21, 2009, 05:44:24 pm »
G`day Brad give me aring .my brother races supermotards or if you prefer retards.they have acess to a semi trailer that is set up for loading bikes 2 decks and just have the whole trailer towed dropped off then reloaded  best would be to hook up as a B double  3821 6777