Author Topic: Comebacks Announced.  (Read 2380 times)

Curly3

Comebacks Announced.
« on: August 30, 2009, 06:35:39 pm »
At the 50th anniversary get together at Nepean today, two leading A graders from the late 60's and 70's announced plans for a series of match races against each other at next years pre 75 meeting.
Guess Who?????

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Comebacks Announced.
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2009, 07:16:46 pm »
have no idea there was lots of A grade riders there today

mx250

« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2009, 07:45:55 pm »
Carl Askew and.................. ;)

Curly3

« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 07:54:42 pm »
That's half the equation, the other participant used to chase young boy's up trees and, apparently, "Likes to Watch".
Hopefully this will force him to name & shame himself.
It was good to catch up with you & Al today Jim.

Curly3

« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 08:02:58 pm »
Actually I think he wants to remain "Incognito".

ianaust

« Reply #5 on: September 02, 2009, 06:27:52 pm »
Hi Curly,  I have been a bit busy since Sunday but yes when  Carl is ready I will be as well. It is not a challenge but more a pay back,I  remember Amaroo although it was a long time ago, still have picture from REVS back page, seeya mate.

Curly3

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2009, 06:56:00 pm »
I new this would smoke you out Ian. I don't know what you mean by payback because I'm sure you both gave as good as you got. Any chance of scanning the back page and posting it, just to add a bit of history to the story.
Welcome to the forum by the way, I'll have to keep the B.S. down to a minimum now,with you looking over my shoulder.

Carlos

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2009, 10:14:57 pm »
Ian I dont know if you remember what the deal was at the time. I said I could get a big picture of you in Rev's for $10, you said yes please. If there is going to be any pay back then you will pay me the $10 you owe me. You never said you wanted to be up right!

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2009, 10:21:26 pm »
now we have 2 short circut burketts on the forum
cheers
jim

Curly3

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 06:57:05 am »
Shit, now I've got two people who terrorized me as a kid keeping me honest.
Welcome brother.

mx250

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 09:10:16 am »
Shit, now I've got two people who terrorized me as a kid keeping me honest.
Welcome brother.
Sounds like you need therapy Curly :D. We can have shared sessions if you like ;). A couple of beers in the pits with the subject for discussion being 'with a brother like this who needs enemies?' :P.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2009, 04:32:45 pm »
This thread is getting interesting, i reckon i saw quite a few blokes at the 50th who probably could be goaded into match race situations without to much effort. would'nt that be a blast at next years pre 75s meeting?  cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

ianaust

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2009, 05:41:25 pm »
Hey Steve, I think we might charge admission for this, I didnt mean a nasty payback but if Carl wants his Ten bucks back I want todays rate for the forks
 about 500 bucks if godden has anything to do with it as they are the only ones that make then anymore. WE should have started this before last weekend.

Curly3

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2009, 06:43:36 pm »
All in jest Ian, I'll admit I was concerned that I didn't want to spend time and money restoring dad's baby only to have it "Fenced" on it's first outing, but I'm sure we're all mature enough now to just enjoy the reminiscing.
Carl reminded me today of the photo in REVS and even though I had a chuckle at first it explained why you chased me up the tree at Salty Creek, it was probably the next meeting after Amaroo.
Having said all that maybe I should ride it as I'd be so far in front there would be no chance of any contact.
I want 60% of any ticket sales.