Author Topic: 2T vs 4T  (Read 3933 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: 2T vs 4T
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2009, 12:26:06 pm »
I bought a 07 250 F after everyone toed the how good they were line, worst mistake i ever did - noisy as stock, cost shitful to run and maintain and gutless as all shit.

I still looking for a well priced 2 ee, petrol spark and never look back.  Problem is then only come up S/h rarely now as allus dumb arses bought the 4 banger,  all the guys i know race modern are saying if this 2010 YZf dont cut it in the new frame there going back to the 2 smokers.  I hope so i need to pick up a 1 season old speclail before i go mental.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2009, 12:42:19 pm »
For my money 2T

My 06 250EXC (in my mind) shits all over the F that I still have, and given that my not so little ' boy' wants to go trail riding that will be swapped soon for another Kato.

A friends not so techno son has a new 450 yellow bike and I reckon I'll hear the anguished cries at my place when his 'maintenance' schedule is forgotten and the top end lets go!

Dave Mac  :D
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) [email protected]

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2009, 01:07:50 pm »
New FIM rules coming .juniors ride 85cc 2stk , 125cc 2stk to keep it affordable. 250 class is 250 class 2stk or 4 strk etcetc.
The 4stk thing started with the Californian clean air act about 20 years ago.
MXA quote" an XR400 winning a superx race" ??? Then the yz400f got concession to race in the 250 class ,since 500 class was no longer in existance in the US .(and nearly dissappeared in Euro.Joel Smets went door knocking to save it)
The Euro's followed the example in the US and put big bore 4 stk with the 250 2 stk but the Euros are taking the inititive back.
Keep watching .In the meantime I think I'll take my beloved 94 CR250 out to hunt down some 4 bangers at our local.

Offline vmx42

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2009, 01:13:34 pm »
The funny thing about the 4 strokes and the Clean Air act is that I have never seen an emissions test for a modern 4 stroke MXer. They can't police the noise problem so they would have no chance with the emissions issue.

I would have a sly bet that they wouldn't go within cooee of passing [any more than a comparable 2 stroke].

And then when you add up the additional emissions made during the construction of all the extra parts required and it all looks like a bit of a marketing crock [and a political stunt to blind the naive electorate].

Not that I am old an cynical or anything like that… heaven forbid!!!
VMX42
When a woman says "What?", it's not because she didn't hear you, she's giving you the chance to chance to change what you said.

Beam me up Scotty, no intelligent life down here…

"everyone is entitled to their own opinion, but not to their own facts"

Offline motomaniac

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2009, 01:42:59 pm »
"And then when you add up the additional emissions made during the construction of all the extra parts required and it all looks like a bit of a marketing crock [and a political stunt to blind the naive electorate"

My argument exactly - the emmissions made during the construction of "a new greener car" is never factored in and it would take years to get the real benifits if it was.Industry is the biggest green emisions producer.

but they do do emmisions tests in California but not on bikes for competition only.In fact you have to get one each time you register or transfer a car or Mbike.If you buy a used car over there the first thing that you should do is re tune the carby because they are all leaned out to the max to pass emissions.

Offline lukeb1961

• Legend
  • PE175N, RM80B, JR50C
    • View Profile
    • PE175N
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2009, 02:44:44 pm »
Not that I am old an cynical or anything like that… heaven forbid!!!
I doubt anybody on this forum would ever be classified as old or cynical  ;D