Author Topic: Practice Days at ACT Dirt Track  (Read 3814 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Practice Days at ACT Dirt Track
« on: October 31, 2007, 10:30:54 pm »
The Dirt Track at Fairbairn in Canberra has been re-opened. The club is planning to recommence racing there next year, but in the meantime they are holding some open practice days. Vintage bikes are especially welcomed, the club is keen to see some vmx bikes back on the track here in Canberra.

Practice days for the rest of 2007 are 18th November, 2nd December, and 16th December. I'm hoping to take the TM out for a bit of setup on the November 18 date to prepare for the Jack Hogg.

Note that the ACTMCC will be starting a full race season again in 2008 beginning with the Kings & Queens dirt track, Australia Day long weekend January 2008, camping is free.

Any info or enquiries Pat Pither ACTMCC dirt track race secretary 0419 905 410.

Check out http://www.actmcc.com/DT/dtnews.htm

Offline jake57

• Novice
    • View Profile
Re: Practice Days at ACT Dirt Track
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2007, 10:36:35 pm »
just getting back in to racing
do you need a license to ride practice days

oz555ktm

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2007, 11:21:53 pm »
The ACT Club  rec day  all you need is to be a member of the club and pay the rec ride fee.

You your wife  and all of yoer kids too.

both Mx  and Dt

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2007, 10:26:17 pm »
Quick update. Due to track resurfacing happening later than expected the rec day on 18 November won't be going ahead. The next rec day is now scheduled for 2 December.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2007, 12:40:15 pm »
Apparently track surfacing has been completed and there will definitely be a practice dirt track day,  Sunday 2nd september. Campers welcome on the Saturday night. Pat Pither is the man to contact about this, give him a bell on 0419 905 410. He's hoping to see some great old classics down here, so for anyone who wants a bit of a blast round it could be a fun day. I might even take the TM out for a squirt.

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2007, 08:53:06 am »
i knew you lived in the past vmxman, but still - next ACT DT rec ride day is 2 December not September.  i know they sound the same....

DT race secretary has also just sent out full draft race schedule for '08 - keep an eye on the DT news page at actmcc.com for details.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2007, 10:25:25 am »
Yes, that's Sunday 2 December...

In my defence, I just copied straight from Pat's email, so I am going to blame him and not my lousy proofing skills.

I think as punishment for making rude observations you should come out too and take the TM for a ride.

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2007, 08:59:23 am »
arrgghhh - anything but that!! 

anyway, 08 dates for dirt track racing at ACTMCC are up, at http://www.actmcc.com/DT/dtnews.htm

Mark Austin

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2007, 05:23:45 pm »
Hi lads,
Anyone know if the practice day is still on this weekend?
I fancy a bit of a run before the end of the year.
Any ideas?
Cheers,
Mark.

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2007, 07:34:51 pm »
I haven't heard any more about this weekend, but maybe they changed it again. The rec day that was down for the 2nd may have happened, I didn't get there so don't know. I suspect the DT day is not on this weekend...

A few of us are thinking of going to the Captain's Flat bike park this Sunday, but there's not much there really. Probly not worth a 2-3 hour drive...

Dennis or Gezza, do you know what's on this weekend?
« Last Edit: December 11, 2007, 07:37:37 pm by Graeme M »

« Reply #10 on: December 12, 2007, 10:16:54 am »
Fraid don't know if DT practice day is on or not this weekend, but the club presentation day is on the saturday, so sore heads will abound sunday...

Gratuitous plug for some nice pics of Steve Gall's fast guys hamming it up at the last ACT event:

http://www.actmcc.com/New%20Folder/riders%20to%20america%20pics%20page.htm

Mark Austin

« Reply #11 on: December 12, 2007, 12:02:21 pm »
Its not on this weekend, I just checked - for anyone who was contemplating going.
Cheers,
Mark.