Author Topic: Vegas Bobs new project.  (Read 1589 times)

firko

Vegas Bobs new project.
« on: July 31, 2009, 01:12:04 pm »
Klub Kevlars man on the ground in Las Vegas, Bob Neilson is pretty well known for his unusual and extremely trick racers, both motocross and Dirt track. He originally built both my Boyd and Stellings TM400 and the Dave Tanner/Cozzie/Ray Sullivan Cheney TM400. Bob just sent me a couple of shots of his latest project, a Champion framed T500 Suzuki twin.

Bob also sent a couple of shots of the rare NOS Tracy full body kit he recently found for his Triumph bobber. Dig that seventies Psychedelic paint ...groovy 8)

« Last Edit: July 31, 2009, 01:15:17 pm by firko »

Curly3

Re: Vegas Bobs new project.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 06:57:11 pm »
You've inspired another project for me here Firko.
Billy Mac rode dads Cobra to win the Proddy race at Bathurst in the late 60's.
Carl has a number of 500 twin engines and complete bikes stashed away just waiting for re-incarnation.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2009, 12:43:54 pm »
ahhh......  thats were my frame ended up,  easy to recognise that one.   Never forget a frame set up, that champion used to have a 250 in it and was originally run in 78 using a Harley MX250.   :P   

Wanted to get back those TRipples and cerrainis but found out it had been onsold only weeks ago by Hugh to some guy.  (assume this Bloke).

i  bet you a Crate of FU iced coffees and a YZa frame, That  the frame numbers on it are 2214-HD , tell him to throw that brake in the bin and that it should have the smaller Champ tank on it.    IF he wants to do a deal on the tripples im in ,  i still have both engine plates here if he wants to do a trade ........... :)
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 12:54:07 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2009, 12:57:50 pm »
Been thinking about that tracy kit, apart from how cool its looks on a chopper. 

Didnt Don castro run one on his triumph for a while till it got banned or shit canned by AMA tech ?  think it was a redline or trackmaster frame, but it had all the swirly glass and Candy plates thing going on.

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

mx250

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2009, 06:28:39 pm »
You've inspired another project for me here Firko.
Billy Mac rode dads Cobra to win the Proddy race at Bathurst in the late 60's.
Carl has a number of 500 twin engines and complete bikes stashed away just waiting for re-incarnation.
I might be a bit slow but putting 2 and 2 together I figure you must be one of the Askews of Chapel road fame, Carl being the speedwaying Carl Askew??.

Curly3

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2009, 06:53:31 pm »
Bingo.