Author Topic: ideas anyone  (Read 3909 times)

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: ideas anyone
« Reply #15 on: July 16, 2009, 12:02:18 pm »
At a guess the B44 could go for anything between 3 to 7k, depending on cond.

yeah probably close to what I would have said, I bought runner with rough chassis and good motor for 2K a couple of years ago.

For 7K you could probably build a better bike than you could buy. Faber Chassis is a great way to make use of a B44 motor and lose some ugly pounds.

formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #16 on: July 16, 2009, 12:33:51 pm »
Freaky...I'll swap you a TM250 and an MX125 yamaha for the B44. You get it for your price and both bikes are yours in swap. They both go and I'm serious ;) PM me if interested, I may chuck in another TM to sweeten the deal.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 16, 2009, 02:18:34 pm »
guy hasnt told me his price on the bikes yet, as soon as i know ill pass it on.

I just want to know if i keep talking or i walk straight back out his shed.  if you know what i mean.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline RM Ted

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 16, 2009, 04:53:51 pm »
If theres any Suzuki 125 ABC stuff let me know.
Thanks
1978 rm 125 x 3
1981 rm 125
1987 rm 125

runutz698

« Reply #19 on: July 16, 2009, 06:13:02 pm »
If that B44 is orignally sold in SA. It was probly brought off my grandfather and I may have the paper work for it give me the frame numbers. I have files and file of old bike stuff from SA. I have a singal car garage worth of photo's and 16mm Films of SA bike rallies 24hrs and dirt.

Cheers
Nutz

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2009, 02:18:43 pm »
1977 ke125 running and feels good havent started in a few months looking at$800 for it cheers....
 frame is k1 024215

any ideas on this one anyone.......
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2009, 02:22:56 pm »
Freaky...I'll swap you a TM250 and an MX125 yamaha for the B44. You get it for your price and both bikes are yours in swap. They both go and I'm serious ;) PM me if interested, I may chuck in another TM to sweeten the deal.

Tm's  i got 3 of already, but find me a YZa/B and ill go pick this B44 bike up myself for you..
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline TT5 Matt

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2009, 10:47:04 pm »
so whats the go on the rm125's Freaky?

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2009, 11:21:39 pm »
THe guy with the Rm im still waiting for his wife to send me the PHots she took, he is no go with computers so she was doing it, if i go out that way again ill take a camera but its 2 hours north so it wont be for a while, he got somthing else i want so ill call him end off week for a little remind ( subtle as i can be )
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Curly3

« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2009, 06:17:56 pm »
Hey Freaky, whats happened with the B44?
It was a HOT item, I've got one that isn't anywhere near complete and am interested at what is out there and how much its worth.

Offline pirie593

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2009, 07:33:28 pm »
Runutz,

What vintage the photographs?

Does any-one in SA remember Steve Plowman who wrote articles and took photographs at race meetings during the 70's?  I'm trying to track him down for a particular photo and I bet he has/had a gold-mine of photos from that era.

colmoody

« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2009, 07:57:56 pm »
Hey runutz68, irrespective of where this thread goes would be great if you could turn us on to some of the shots from that single car garage full of em. I'm sure there would be a huge amount of interest in what your sitting on their. A few crumbs................anything.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2009, 08:46:04 pm »
Hey Freaky, whats happened with the B44?
It was a HOT item, I've got one that isn't anywhere near complete and am interested at what is out there and how much its worth.

A few guys are onto it aparently, i spoke to the seller the other day about the frame im after and he said he had a buyer, but im sure a few Forum guys have got onto him too ( leith he also asked you call him - number ? PM me)

the RM stuff also looks gone but he will confirm that too he told me.  Would have passed on the details earlier but i have found as soon as i do, every other arse goes in there and upsets things and cuts my lunch, whatever happend to the code ?

Any how will keep you informed on the Suzi stuff and the 44, if i have no interst in something, then im happy to post details up and you guys can call till your hearts content.   Bit im learning the hard way to shut my gob unless there is nothing in the shed im wanting, otherwise im getting raped, id like to get this other shit out onto the market cause there is plenty of gear im coming across lately that im sure someone might like, but im having to drip feed it and the parts, which is sad really.  But im over being semingly white ant'd on the gear i spent the time and resources and the effort into finding.

PM me and if he hasnt sold them to the other guy by next week then ill pass on the number.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 08:52:24 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #28 on: July 27, 2009, 09:24:54 pm »
ok whats the deal with this B44? i see my name mentioned ???

is this a B44GP or a plane jane B44 victor special?

i know of some sort of B44 at Bills Bikes & Bits at Birdwood. Is that the one your talking about freaky?

runnuts698- i will try dig up the engine/frame number (matching) of the one i did and let know.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 09:30:07 pm by LWC82PE »
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 27, 2009, 11:52:43 pm »
hi mate,
re:rm 250 wheel only i have one in good nick used it on one of my race bikes have rung some wreckers they want $190-$220 i,m happy with $100
re:husky cr 250 pipe wreckers price good nick $200-&300 this one is in really good nick with only one dent in the header and no rust my price $175
re:kawasaki frame & wheels $200(cosidering the wheels are worth that on their own)
 over the past 12 months i have seen wr,s and cr,s going for a lot more than $2400 i suspect the condition of that bike would be average
my husky is dead stock original with the exception of the shocks as i have set it up for dirt track
the bike has had a ground up rebuild
:brakes front and rear have been relined
:both wheels have been relaced new spokes
:seat recovered
:new steering head bearings
:new wheel bearings
:motor has been completely rebuilt and has no more than two hours use and has never been raced
:magura levers and new cables
:new air filter
my price for for this husky is more in the area $3800-$4200 concidering the work done to the bike i think the price is fair
and yeah and i know what these vmx,s are like because i,m one myself and we can be a cagey lot.
74 Yamaha  flattracker's