Author Topic: Crating and Shipping US side  (Read 783 times)

Offline E74

• Legend
    • View Profile
Crating and Shipping US side
« on: July 13, 2009, 07:55:47 pm »
Hi, anyone here know if there is someone in California that will crate a bike for me?, even go to WA to collect it and then crate it?

I am RED hot for this bike

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/1979-Honda-Elsinore-CR250-R-FOX-NOS-Bike_W0QQitemZ250462389316QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_motorcycles?hash=item3a50b8c444&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C72%3A317

and would buy it if the owner would crate it, but he won't!, so I'm weighing up my options and right now I don't have time to skip accross and get it myself,.

any help very much appreciated!;0)

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
Re: Crating and Shipping US side
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 08:34:36 pm »
From main page of this site, worth a try even though he says less that 70Lb. Good luck 74 its a very nice bike.

Need help with shipping from the US?

As many OzVMX regulars would know, Buddy Johnson in the States offers assistance with getting goods sent to Australia for those buying from US eBay sellers that won't ship internationally.

He's provided that service for a lot of Aussie buyers for a while now, but he's found that he's starting to get requests to ship entire bikes. That's pretty much out of the question - Buddy can help out where he can with smaller items, but the really big stuff is a bit hard to manage.

As he says, "I do the repackaging and forwarding of parts as I can do it in the evening after work and take to the Post Office the next day on my lunch hour as long as it weighs 70LBs and under( I can not ship frames anymore as the USPS did away with Surface Shipping and now only offer Air Mail and the frames are over girth). I do not have the time to go to the Ports Authority and deal with Customs as required to ship complete bikes".

So, bear this in mind if you are thinking of using Buddy's services. As long as it's only smaller parts, he'll do the customs forms and repackage if necessary then post to Australia for a small fee & the shipping costs.

You can check Buddy's credentials on eBay where his seller name is "maicobuddy38f".

Email Buddy at [email protected]

Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 08:37:47 pm »
i have a guy in the US who hauls bike, taken mine back to long beach afew times, i hear of a few others, so transport would be the least of your problems.  Id say if it was bubble wrap etc you be safe loading in a ute and then a shipping cont.
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

lc4

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2009, 08:54:31 pm »
« Last Edit: July 13, 2009, 08:57:21 pm by lc4 »