Author Topic: Trailbikes at Action park  (Read 1736 times)

Offline Graeme M

• Administrator
  • Legend
  • Canberra, Australia
    • View Profile
Trailbikes at Action park
« on: November 11, 2010, 10:41:26 pm »
Way back when I used to go out to watch the short circuit racing at Action park in my home town of Maryborough, Qld. I was mainly a trailrider so didn't own a race bike, but when they introduced the trailbike class there I would rock out on my DR250 and have a go.  The poor old DR was a bit slow, so I upgraded to a PE250. With this weapon I could almost keep up with the XR and XT500s and other such exotica. I had a ball and it wasn't long before I got me a proper racer, an 82 RM250Z that I raced dirt track with for about 5 years. I have to say I've never really been fond of motocross. I really enjoyed the trailriding and the occasional enduro, but by far the best fun of all was racing dirt track. Going through my old videos the other day and I found a tape of a race meeting at Action Park in about 1984. And of course, there's a couple of trailbike races on it.

So, here's some pretty poor fuzzy video of me and my PE250. Hard to see but I manage to hold down third for most of the race, trailing local A-Grader Danny Fredricksen and actually beating the wildman Stewart McCrae who was nicknamed Magoo for his wide open and failrly 'loose' riding style.

http://ausvmx.ning.com/video/trailbikes-at-action-park-1984

DR

Re: Trailbikes at Action park
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2010, 11:01:40 pm »
great stuff Graeme, you were riding very well considering what was going on around you :D nice little vid!

ant73

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 11:58:18 am »
I have been to watch some of the races this year at Action Park and it is good to watch.
One of the racers got badly hurt early this year there. I don't know if he is alright.
Great vid of fun old times.
ANT

Offline steve234

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2010, 03:56:14 pm »
Practice at Action Park this Sunday, last one leading up the the Wide Bay Titles later this month.  Can't wait!

Yee-Haw!

Bultaco M106 Astro
Wanted: Dirt track bikes / parts / info