Author Topic: NEW 490 M2 REED CYLINDERS AVAILABLE  (Read 10768 times)

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: NEW 490 M2 REED CYLINDERS AVAILABLE
« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2009, 10:15:28 PM »
thats right i have had a couple of maicos :-[
and ridden and raced 490s in the past :o
but i will stick to my japo and spanish and swedish bikes for now ;)

went riding with brad today on the 77 400
goes good nice bike (for a maico) ;D ;D
follow me to first turn

East Coast Maico

« Reply #31 on: March 30, 2009, 09:38:40 PM »
Hi, i am Bill, Eyler, I Just joined and wanted to say Hi to all you guys..(hey Dave ;))
Bill

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 30, 2009, 09:52:52 PM »
welcome bill   ,i dont know were dave is apparently he raced last weekend and theres been no sign of him :D
« Last Edit: March 31, 2009, 10:26:51 AM by paul »

Offline maicomc490t

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 31, 2009, 12:04:04 AM »
Welcome to OZ vmx Bill! Good to have you on board mate.

For those of you who don't know Mr Eyler, let me introduce him.

Bill lives and breathes Maico's over in the States with some VERY VERY desirable bikes. He also runs a well respected outfit called East Coast Maico and can supply all the Eric Cook goodies. Not sure if you're still racing eh Bill - fill us in on the latest.

The racing in ACT is this weekend Paul. This weekend just gone saw me go over some of the stuff on the GP - God you should see the rear engine mount - talk about stuffed (I think it has had it's last official tighten, lol). I'm gonna run it on the Saturday practice to see what it is like before racing, and the following week it will have to be pulled down and the cases stripped for rewelding of the rear mount at least and the frame tabs straightened back to where they should be.

The right hand case just in front of the countershaft has a huge chunk smashed out and filled with a scrap of sheet alloy and Silastic so it too will be welded up and I'll re-machine it. Found that out when I fitted the PVL ..........Oh well, you live and learn but still a sweet bike and a fair price.

The rest of the bike is OK but while the engine is out I will repaint the frame as the current job is can over old silver - good from a distance but it is bugging me! The rest will do for now.

Cheers

Dave Mac  :D
VAPOUR (AKA HYDRA / HYDRO / AQUA / WET) BLASTING AND GENERAL ENGINEERING 0416074750 (or) vapourblasting@yahoo.com.au

DUCATI Parts wanted esp 450 R/T and other early models inc V-twins

BULTACO M49 parts wanted

East Coast Maico

« Reply #34 on: March 31, 2009, 03:24:00 AM »
Hi Dave, thanks..Havent raced. I have a guy the rides my 83-250 and this year a 83-490. This weekend we have a race at Budds Creek Maryland for 2 days. Should be fun.. Thanks for the compliment, but really isnt needed.
Take Care
Bill

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 11, 2009, 10:07:28 AM »
stu this is the thread i was talking about  ( the new barrells)

East Coast Maico