Author Topic: Ebay monty; only if.........  (Read 4425 times)

runutz698

Re: Ebay monty; only if.........
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2009, 04:51:59 pm »
Nathan did you win??

mx250

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2009, 05:18:10 pm »
Nathan did you win??
That ain't Nat's callsign.

$600 :o for that pile is crazy (IMHO ::)).

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2009, 06:11:39 pm »
Yeah... I'd set my limit at $450, honestly thinking that it was a silly amount to spend on an unloved trail-bike.

Apparently there are people much sillier than myself, or I am very naive when it comes to these things....

Monte34 will be getting a visit from me soon!
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

All Things 414

« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2009, 06:31:20 pm »
It would have been a great little bike if you could restore it properly. Things like that "vented" front brake and other quirky things would have made it pretty grouse I 'reckon. However trying to get the bits would be near on impossible unless you had a mate in Spain who had some compromising pictures of Montesa parts hoarder and maybe some small forest animal. Just my experience with the H7 has bought home to me just how hard it is to get the 'one off' items that you need to make these sorts of bikes look something like the brochure. It's not so hard with a Cappra as you can get guards and stuff and the basics from Jared. If you're racing one it's even easier because as long as it gets through scrutineering you probably wouldn't care that much about it.
I guess if you're handy enough and can make the bits you're on your way but I think that's out of most of our leauges or care factor.
Bit of a shame really. It would have been a cute bike.