Author Topic: VF Montesa thoughts after the first 6hours riding.  (Read 858 times)

runutz698

VF Montesa thoughts after the first 6hours riding.
« on: May 26, 2009, 05:20:12 pm »
Hey Guys,

Well I have been mucking around with the VF gearbox oil to see which brands work better out of 6 diffrent brands I used the NULON I picked up from super steep auto, worked the best.

I have only been bush riding up at woods point and must say after a few hours on the bike I am right at home. It is very very quick with very smooth power delivery into band not nothing and then every thing like alot of the other 2bangers I have had, which makes power delivery very easy to judge.

It Handles very well and is very well balanced, I can get it up on the back wheel and judge better than any other bike I have owned(which is always fun)  Overall I am very impressed as having no idea what it would be like when I started the project, I can see why all you guys are very much into montesa's now as when I was restoring it I didn't fully get it.

Thanks again for all your help in this resto, I can feel another one coming on very soon, Are Bultaco's as good as monties?

So I think i will be turning up for my first race one day very soon........

Nutz