Author Topic: Retreads  (Read 1302 times)

Offline BJJ

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
    • Remote PC
Retreads
« on: May 19, 2009, 12:55:23 pm »
Bought a pirelli 21" front som weeks back on special from MCA spares su7pastore in Auburn NSW for $85.00.  Was pretty happy with that price to be honest.

Just seen these Retreads on eBay.  One lister in NSW  http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230343026205&_trkparms=tab%3DSelling and another in VIC for $5.00 less.

Whats the general concensus from the forum for race ready consumables?

Regards

BILLJACKJANE

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: Retreads
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2009, 01:03:01 pm »
MX retreads are great, especially in sand, I was really impressed by just how much more grip I had compared with the Dunlops I was using.
Ban BLACK rims NOW

firko

« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2009, 03:37:06 pm »
I had one on my old KTM enduro bike a few years ago. It'd been given to Clubby to review for ADB and being so fashion concious he didn't want to be seen with it on his bike despite it getting good reviews from the test riders (Heffo and TK I think). Anyway, I ended up with it on my KTM and loved it. The only downside I found was that it was pretty heavy. I still have it mounted on a Maico wheel in the shed after using it in my last ever vintage motocross race.

Offline shortshifter

• Legend
  • Sunshine Coast QLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2009, 04:01:37 pm »
Been hearing some good things about these.Got a mate who's getting a fair few trucked over from WA,just sold his first set to another mate.Gotta be good for the environment also eh?

Offline geraldo

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2009, 08:08:23 am »
we sold some tretreads for a while and I found the quality varied quite a lot - really depended on what the original carcass was . if it was a michelin , pirelli , metzeler dunlop or bridgestone then the chances were it would be OK , if the original carcass was a cheap nasty one then the resulting retread would be rubbish as well. So it pays to look through the tires and try to identify the ones made on good carcasses
Also I found that some of the retreads would have the tread put on crooked and then the tire would wobble around and give the same sensation as being flat.
I don't think anyone is selling them here in NZ anymore