Author Topic: DDR Racing  (Read 1652 times)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
DDR Racing
« on: May 12, 2009, 08:11:11 pm »
Thought I'd put this out there.
I just scored a new job that takes me past the Dirty Dog Racing shop every day, so if anyone is looking at one of his bikes, let me know and I'll run one of my beady eye's over it for you.
Buyer beware and all that.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
Re: DDR Racing
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2009, 08:17:13 pm »
It's got me buggered how they manage to get such high prices for their bikes. The ones i've looked at always seem about 2 grand overpriced compared to what i've been able to get when selling bikes. They never look as good in the flesh compared to the photos either.

Offline crash n bern

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2009, 10:21:40 am »
I just bought two TT500c's off them.  They will haggle, I got them for a fair price.  Wade the owner says that he doesn't set the prices the buying public does.  He seems to move them.
He reckons most of the buyers are cashed up middle age blokes who want the bike of their childhood dreams and don't have the time or inclination to search for the bargain buy. They just want it and he's got it.

Although in saying that some of his bike have been sitting there for a while. They are pretty pricey, but he has to get them from the states. So some one has to be paid to find them, buy them pack and ship them. Shipping costs and duty's have to be paid. Then comes rent and wages etc. So that will jack prices up.

But where else can you go and get a choice of half a dozen of the model your looking for.  And at least by keeping the prices up, he's not devaluing your bike.
Imagine if he was bringing in container loads and flogging them off cheap and flooding the market with them.

Offline Tossa

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2009, 10:39:05 am »
I just bought two TT500c's off them.  They will haggle, I got them for a fair price.  Wade the owner says that he doesn't set the prices the buying public does.  He seems to move them.
He reckons most of the buyers are cashed up middle age blokes who want the bike of their childhood dreams and don't have the time or inclination to search for the bargain buy. They just want it and he's got it.

Although in saying that some of his bike have been sitting there for a while. They are pretty pricey, but he has to get them from the states. So some one has to be paid to find them, buy them pack and ship them. Shipping costs and duty's have to be paid. Then comes rent and wages etc. So that will jack prices up.

But where else can you go and get a choice of half a dozen of the model your looking for.  And at least by keeping the prices up, he's not devaluing your bike.
Imagine if he was bringing in container loads and flogging them off cheap and flooding the market with them.

Good point.  I bought a Yammie MX360A from him.  Was not at the quality I thought, but got the bike I wanted.  Would use them again but would definitely attend the shop and have a look first.  Good excuse for a holiday in Qld from all the way over here from the west

You can also ring him and get him to look for a certain model of bike in the states.
1973 Rickman Zundapp Metisse, to rebuild
1979 Husqvarna WR250
1974 Husqvarna MAG CR250

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2009, 05:36:08 pm »
He seems like a nice enough bloke. I swung by and had a look at a few of his bikes I was looking at on the net and they certainly are very rough for the price his is asking.
The problem I have is that blatantly obvious major issues with bikes are not mentioned in his ads.
Fair enough he is honest with his description and you still pay asking price, but leaving out serious probs is a bit dodgey.
Hence the offer to run a beady over them for someone before purchase.

Offline JohnnyO

• Legend
  • Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2009, 07:18:38 pm »
Crash n bern has a good point.. at least it's keeping the prices of our bikes up.