Author Topic: New project for Firko  (Read 3167 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: New project for Firko
« Reply #15 on: July 18, 2009, 05:11:25 pm »
I think I've got a front guard Firko. I'll check and get back to you.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

firko

« Reply #16 on: July 18, 2009, 09:55:36 pm »
I think I've got a front guard Firko
Now why doesn't that surprise me Nathan ::)? The rear looks usable from the photo but the front's a little past its best.
If you've got any more DT2MX parts I'd be willing to relieve you of them ;D.

Any further along with the measurements of your DS3 motor? The measurement front to rear of the crankcases would help to see if it will physically fit the Cotton frame. If the engine is too lumpy, (I agree, it doesn't look like it by eye) another forum member wants to see if his B44 engine will fit.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 19, 2009, 06:31:04 am »
there was a NOS tank for one of these on ebay not long ago, hope you grabbed it.

As for it being like riding a Harley, I will loan you mine for a 2 bike shoot out

formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #18 on: July 19, 2009, 10:41:50 am »
Nice Harley Marc...that'll shake up the Tokyo back streets! Mate, a Harley Road Hog would probably outhandle a DT2MX!
My old mate American Marsh Runyons Harley is one that I rode and believe it or not it felt as light as a 250. He raced it out here at the 92 Ravenswood Nats in pre 65. A very effective and uuber cool Harley. He's retired it now and has gone salt racing in a t Bucket.

Offline Marc.com

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 19, 2009, 11:31:49 am »
that is uuuuber cool, I often wondered how a Sporty would go pre 65,

On Any Sunday gave a lot of people those nitro Harley Widowmaker hill climb fantasies.
formerly Marc.com

firko

« Reply #20 on: July 19, 2009, 12:40:22 pm »
Marsh's Harley is an early sporty engine with rare factory alloy 920 XR road race top end. The bike drips with Harley exotica and innovation. It really is a shrine to his abilities as a fabricator and left field thinker. His other bikes have similar 'dare to be different' quality. Marsh himself is a pretty unique bloke as well.

Wow...now that's a big thread hijack......from a 200 buck dunger Yammy to a couple of squillion dollar Harleys. 8)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 12:47:34 pm by firko »