Author Topic: The moral challenge, or Help me be strong........  (Read 4136 times)

Offline fatboycrash

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
The moral challenge, or Help me be strong........
« on: October 05, 2007, 06:50:54 pm »
Rightio then,
I need help.
Ya see, me mates off up north goose stepping, painting rocks and getting the dirt outta Sargent Klinks hole courtesy of the Army reserve. Now he's spotted a big banger 495 kato and bought it. Then asked me to go and pick it up while he learns how to defend Grandma Klampit from Osama Bin Bush and mates.
So right now, in my very own shed is a 1981 Kato big banger. Fresh meat tyres. Full of fuel and ready to go. Now every morning I gotta walk past it to get to the car to go to work.
It's killin me!!! ;D ;D ;D

This weekend I got nothin. No bloody weddings, no crazy errands or christenings for cousin Billy Bob twice removed BUT two whole days to ride bikes.

What's a man to do?????

Rosco400

Re: The moral challenge, or Help me be strong........
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 07:19:34 pm »
Only one rule to live by, "You break it, You fix it" but also what Paul said just to be safe, remember ya mate plays with guns for fun ;D

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 07:20:58 pm »
There is indeed a moral imperative to "test" run a machine left idol for too long out of the need to be "a good mate" and not let his bike develop a fault from its stagnation.  ;D
A mate left his ratty Yammie RX125 commuter with me for 2 years and when he got it back he was shocked to discover that I had restored it, fitted a 175 top end and a six speed gearbox (did'nt mention the blow-up and crash that made it necessary) he reckoned I was the best mate ever  ;D ;D ;D ;)
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2007, 07:21:50 pm »
Yeah, ring him up and tell him you are test riding it before the warranty runs out so that you can return it to the seller if it's not up to scratch, after all you are looking after his interests.

you are also evaluating any defects for him as well.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline evo550

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2007, 07:40:22 pm »
Shit take it for a ride, if he says anything, tell him you were doing him a favour because you were keeping the battery charged  while he was away.

Offline fatboycrash

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2007, 07:46:08 pm »
You blokes aint helpin!! ;D ;D

Offline paul

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2007, 07:47:53 pm »

Offline maicoman18

• B-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2007, 10:11:30 pm »
Good God man, I am horrified that you should even ask this question! What kind of a mate are you? Not only is it your duty to test the bike, it would be down right un-Australian not to test it.
What do you think will happen when those sneaky Indonesian fishermen decide to take by force what they have been stealing by stealth all these years? What if they decide it is too much trouble to keep going home to sell their ill gotten gain and decide to attack Darwin? The army will be sent to retake Darwin with the help of the air force’s one working plane and your mate will be sent home to defend your bikes, spares VMX magazines and your wife/girlfriend or both.
He is in some god forsaken hole being eaten by all kinds of insects, getting infected with all kinds of diseases. Marching, hiking, drinking, shooting, thinking, sweating for no other reason than to protect the things that you love. And when he finishes these torturous exercises you want him to come home and spend the next six weeks fixing a dead bike.
Now wake up to yourself, get your gear on and test that bike! Ride it hard, ride it long but do not dare enjoy yourself. If you start to have fun get off the bike, sit in a room full of mirrors and have a good look at yourself.
Remember you are not doing it for yourself, you are doing it for him, you are doing it for your family, damn it, you are doing it for YOUR COUNTRY.

Ed

You’re not a closet communist are you?

« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2007, 10:32:37 pm »
Flog the shit out of it! What he doesn't know wont hurt him  ;) If you crash it, just say it was stolen and you recovered it 2 days later in that state. Or if its scratched on one side, hand it back on the good side!  Ah, the Australian way, tellin' a guy to go for it and do the wrong thing just to see what unfolds (even though he himself would not do such a thing!)

Offline yzhilly

• Legend
  • Melbourne
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 05, 2007, 10:54:25 pm »
I left my YZ250J at home while i travelled around OZ as a young bloke when i got home it was rooted apparently me mum must have been thrashing around the bush because my brothers swore it wasnt them .HHHhhhhmmmm. Take it for a ride . Careful
yzhilly ,YZ400E,,YZ250J,YZ125K,YZ100K,IT465H ,IT400D,IT250K , IT200L,XR250,XL250R,XL200R,XL125
Viper #436

Offline brent j

• Legend
  • Darwin, NT. Suzuki tragic, RL250M TS90MX PE250B
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2007, 11:02:08 pm »
Jeez maicoman, all that talk of Indo fisherman overtaking Darwin :o

Maybe I should give away all my bikes, parts and full collection of VMX mags before they decide to move in ???

Fatboy, I'm not really going to help much here but.............................I had a 72 Husky 400 sitting locked away under my house, not mine, and I resisted for two years. Apart from starting it every six months ;)

Cheers

Brent
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 12:08:00 am by brent j »
The older I get, the faster I was

Offline DJRacing

• Legend
  • YZ125X
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 06, 2007, 06:15:57 am »
A few years ago I had to look after my brothers 1340 low rider while he was overseas. So myself and another vmxer who happens to have a commando 850 decided to do a few rides on the back country roads over here in NZ. My brother was away for over 2yrs so of course I took the bike out (just to keep it running) at least once a month and more in summer time. A month out from when he was to come home we were riding this back country road that twisted and turned. One particular corner was an up-hill right-hander that didnt look that tight, but sure enough as ya went into it the damn thing tighten up and the exit was down-hill. I was already scraping the pipes going into the turn so I knew the exit wasnt going to be pretty. I said a few choice words (one mainly) as the corner kept going round and with the bike and myself full leant over heading on a different exit.
  Some scrapes and a bent foot peg and brake peddle latter and I thought, Shit-Shit-Shit, I knew something like this would happen eventually. But it all ended ok with the bike being fixed.

The moral to this story is;

The small price to pay at the end was well worth the riding getting there.

So Fatboy-CRASH- that 495, have fun doing it, and remember, everything is rebuildable.
But dont blame us if the shit hits the fan. But a bike sitting doing nothing is deteriorating and you wouldnt want that to be happening to your mates bike would you, that wouldnt be a very good mate.

If at first you dont succeed, give up and drink beer

Offline fatboycrash

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 06, 2007, 07:50:56 am »
Never been called a closet communist before... closet summat else but neber communist..  ;D ;D
You blokes STILL aint helpin!!!!!!
Now I've offered the T500,
The missus wasn't happy but I reckon she'd take one for the team,  ;D
But this morning when I fed the dogs I notice the smallest tiny oil puddle under it. Now thats GOTTA be reason enough to test ride it. Right? Right? I could show him this thread...?????
FBC
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:06:48 am by fatboycrash »

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 06, 2007, 08:44:28 am »
I say ride it.Your mate will get pissed off if you don't and it's sitting siezed when he gets back. So ride it ride it hard. :)Darcy
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning