Author Topic: knee brace's  (Read 1887 times)

gator

knee brace's
« on: October 05, 2007, 01:58:17 pm »
can some body give me feed back on POD knee brace's what they think about them ??? ???

211kawasaki

Re: knee brace's
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2007, 08:41:44 pm »
The only guy I know who is the Guru on knee braces is Steve Gall, Google Gall Bros products and you will find them for advice.

Tanner

Offline Husky500evo

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 10:47:15 pm »
I have a set of Pod knee braces that I bought of ebay about a month ago. I have worn them at 2 MX meetings now & have no complaints about them yet. You know that you are wearing them , but they are not uncomfortable. Apparently they are a Fox product , but they don't openly advertise that . I have a friend who bought a set of Asterisk braces & said that he hated them . He ended up buying a set of  custom fitted CTIs & was happy with them, but at around $1200 per knee they were a bit too expensive for me. The pods ended up costing me about $660 for the pair ,including postage, so to me they seem good value. Although the ebay description said that they were located in Melbourne, they ended up coming from Las Vegas. I am no expert on knee braces,( never tried on CTIs) & have not tested mine in a crash or knee twisting situation yet, but they seem ok to me.

Offline dkupf

• A-Grade
  • Kinka Beach Qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 09:13:24 am »
I was wearing a pair of the EVO knee braces when I crashed and broke my leg at  Coffs and the doctor told me that I should be thankful that I had them on or they would be rebuilding my knee as well. The bottom hinge is pushed forward so far it won't work anymore so I think they did there job. I have rode with a set of the Pods and found that they wern't as bulky sat on your leg better and easier to get your pants over. So when I'm allowed back on a bike ??? I'll be buying a set or the Pods. They seem to be a better knee brace then the EVO's.  :)Darcy

P.s. Dont forget to take you boots when you buy knee braces
I might not be winning,But I'll be grinning

gator

« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2007, 09:45:27 am »
Thank's guy's i just need a good brace as i just had a full knee reconstruction 17 week's ago so i need a good brace.ps can somebody come over n rub my knee ??? ???and i have the baby oil :P

firko

« Reply #5 on: October 06, 2007, 10:59:59 am »
I've got a totally rooted left knee that's so far had two operations and is due for another total reconstruction as soon as I can knock off a bit of weight to make my surgeon happy. My right knee's on the decline too. Although I don't race any more I still ride and I wouldn't go anywhere near a bike without my EVS RS7 brace. It's light, fits well and offers quite a bit of protection. In my opinion they're the best of the mid priced non carbon fibre braces. They've got a decent knee cup and good quality aluminium hinges. You can pick 'em up on eBay USA for around $125-$175.
For less strenuous street riding or for situations where I'm putting load on my knee I use a Mueller hinged wrap around brace. If your knee is so rooted that you can feel it moving around as you walk, the Mueller gives good medial and lateral support but is so comfortable you forget it's there. The hinges don't get in the way likesome braces and it can be worn comfortably under jeans. They're around 50 bucks on USA eBay.
If they had braces back in my serious riding days I wouldn't have the permanent pain and limp I now live with. I reccomend them to anybody who rides a motorcycle, especially us older blokes who have a few miles up on the old cartilages.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2007, 11:11:05 am by firko »