Author Topic: Bmcc club day  (Read 2951 times)

TM BILL

Bmcc club day
« on: September 24, 2007, 07:30:34 AM »
Can somone confirm that BMCC round 4 at Nudgee on Oct 21st is still all go thanks Bill  :)

Doc

Re: Bmcc club day
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2007, 04:32:01 PM »
Bill, I'll try and get a confirmed date this wickend. There's a little confusion as a meet or 2 were cancelled due to a lack of water for track watering. Will get onto someone in the know asap ;) 

Offline vandy010

• Legend
  • #789 MX125a BMCC Brisbane
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2007, 10:57:36 AM »
as a club member i am yet to recieve an updated newsletter to confirm anything.
i sent an email with no reply, a ph call might be the best bet.
"flat bickie"

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2007, 07:52:23 PM »
Any updates for the BMCC race at Nudgee on 21 Oct?
Is it a goer - somebody, somebody, anybody...? :-\
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Doc

« Reply #4 on: October 20, 2007, 11:57:44 AM »
Wombat, this is the last update I've seen or heard. I can only assume the meet tomorrow has been cancelled due to lack of water.

14th October 2007
Hello all members

Despite clouds in the air and that a number of storms having fallen in the last month or so our water woes have not gone away. The use of mains water has simply not been an option and the rain that falls is of little benefit unless it falls over the two day period prior to a race day, and during the morning to settle race day dust.

Because of this we have had to cancel our scheduled club day for the 21st of August and are trying hard to be able to run the Queensland Classic Scramble championships on the new date of November 18.

In order to be prepared for the Queensland Titles on the 18th we will be having a working bee on Sunday the 4th November. We will need assistance with cleaning up the pits and spectator areas and need as many helpers as possible with mowers/whipper snippers.

We also need more members to come to club meetings on the second Monday of the month 7.30pm at Motorcycle sportsman club rooms Albion. The last two meetings we have not had enough members to have a quorum and this limits the decisions that we can make on the night.

We have ordered a large water tank that will hold sufficient water for our race weekend needs and are working on water carrier options to cart water in the most cost effective way. Because of these extra costs future race fees will rise to help meet some of the expense of these new water costs. In addition to watering we are trying to reduce the amount of water needed by adding other material to the track that reduces the dust problem.

Upcoming Events      
4th November   9.00am – 3.00pm    Working bee      
17th & 18th November    Saturday working bee from 12.00 Sunday sign on from 7.00am   Queensland Classic Scrambles Championships   

if the situation gets much worse they may well seal the track with that hard black stuff and we'll all have to go Vintage Motarding!  :P jus' kiddin'  ;D
« Last Edit: October 20, 2007, 12:02:06 PM by Doc »

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2007, 12:41:43 PM »
ditto what Doc said,
vintage motard?
so i'm not the only one that had that thought hey,
cool idea...
"flat bickie"

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2007, 07:39:13 PM »
Doc/Vandy thanks for the info; I was hoping to take some photos but I'll just have to wait.
Out of interest, what has gone into that track - I haven't seen anything like it?
It looks like cinders or ash but it's also loamy.

I took a heap of photos during the last meet in Jul or Aug but I've only just sent them to Graeme.
That loamy surface makes for great roosts!
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Doc

« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 07:49:09 PM »
Wombat, I believe the track surface has quite a bit of paper pulp/mulch from the APM paper mill at Petrie mixed in  ;) 

Offline vandy010

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2007, 09:27:21 PM »
once again, ditto what Doc said!
i've only ridden on the track twice and for a low maintanance track surface it's spot on especially for the older bikes.
kind of glad in a way that the date was changed as my 360 may just be ready in time for it's maiden voyage.
"flat bickie"