Author Topic: Forks making sliding noise like stapler after putting new seals  (Read 702 times)

Offline oldyzman

• Legend
  • 250 two stroke!
    • View Profile
Hello Guys,
The forks on my yz250 1979 have just been re-assembled after a placing new seals, I cleaned them out and used 15 wt oil. one works fine the other seems to work well when compressed slow but when compressed fast it seems to feela bit like a stapler- this happens at different ranges of the forks. When the oil is emptied out the problem dissapears. I then swapped the inner tube from the good one to the bad and that fixed the problem. The chrome is getting was bit thin down the lower end. I also removed the inner tube and fine honed the inside of the ineer fork tube with lite scothbrite as there seemed to be a bit of pitting inside, this seemed to help the prob a bit. Any ideas guys. Or does anyone know if there is a fork inner available some where. I am not sure if this was happening before as there was not much oil in there when i got the bike
OLDYZMAN
I have a soft spot japanese mxers with aluminium tanks. Two stroke classic Dirt Track...