Author Topic: SA historic Scamble championship. ( inc sidecar association final round)  (Read 8640 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
Re: SA historic Scamble championship. ( inc sidecar association final round)
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2007, 03:13:44 PM »
there was about 25 or so morgan MCC members down there riding on the weekend and they seemed a prity tight group, i think the first 2 places in the modern sidecars was taken by teams wearing the blue and yellow MorganMCC windcheaters (well at the presentaions at least ) so they would be well practiced for that round, especially on a home track, i think morgan is on the river ? so they will probally lay water the track down, if they dont take a trails rear the guys runing on the weekend figured out they watered at the top of event one, so by the time they got to event 15 it was dry again and the trails rear seemed to get better traction than the guys on full knoblles
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:33:14 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

firko

« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2007, 03:19:57 PM »
There's more sidecars than solos by the look of it. We in NSW get absolutely zero sidecars and in twenty years have never even run a class for them. Just shows the difference a border or two makes.

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2007, 03:31:14 PM »
There's more sidecars than solos by the look of it. We in NSW get absolutely zero sidecars and in twenty years have never even run a class for them. Just shows the difference a border or two makes.

fIRKO It was the historic scamble event with the sidecar support race round.  would have been equal numbers, just i though the side car guys would like the old chair pics, more then the solo guys would as they are mostly standARD MX, dt style boxes nothing to get 2 excited about. 

oN THAT note though one class i though was really interesting i saw recently was the junior sidecar class there are heaps of kids, mostly family outfits, and mostly from the country with 2 kids racing a junior outfit, and most had the sister as the swinger, but the class was won that day by (2)  12-14 Yr old girls !!!!! they had a full grid of kids, and it   was great to see brothers and sisters all racing on the same bike, i think junior racing is having a bit of a resurgance, should have taken photos of that but the young girls had boobies so i might have gone down as a perv taking pics, ill leave them ones for the track photographer to post :O)

Just made me think how kewl it would have been racing on an 85 outfit with your whole family.  warms my heart.  i just need kids now. :P
« Last Edit: October 08, 2007, 03:37:39 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2007, 03:45:40 PM »
are but at least your parents will make you other half ride with ya, like where are they going to go ? speically if the folks have paid full years licence :O) hehehe
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2007, 05:13:32 PM »
Freaky, was the meeting at ACUSA park ?
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

Offline LWC82PE

• Superstar
    • View Profile
    • PE motorcycles & SuzukiTS.com
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2007, 08:51:50 PM »
did you see the silver XL 420 sidecar there? we did the paint work on that bike (tank, side covers, fenders)
Wanted - 1978 TS185 frame or frame&motor. Frame # TS1852-24007 up to TS1852-39022

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2007, 01:30:59 PM »
did you see the silver XL 420 sidecar there? we did the paint work on that bike (tank, side covers, fenders)
  mmm not sure cant say i was looking real hard, there was what i think was a 350 xl , picks of that are up there at the start of the post

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: October 09, 2007, 01:46:30 PM by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2007, 10:45:14 PM »
 :D Neat photo work and congrats on your wins Freaky !:) Cheers ya bugger Tim
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.