Author Topic: '87 cr125 on oztion  (Read 3935 times)

mx250

Re: '87 cr125 on oztion
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2009, 10:23:48 am »
but forget that shit haow the hell is it fitted with a compliance plate?? that is the real question ??? would be worth the dollars just from that?
Woody's of Wyong had CR's ADR complied for enduros, although I thought they were 250's. Maybe this is one of them. The compliance plate would be worth while especially with interest Vinduro's. But there is $300-500 worth of bits I would have thought, the compliance plate is a bonus ;) :D.

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Re: '87 cr125 on oztion
« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2009, 10:24:18 am »
Woodys Motorcycles Wyong used to jump through the hoops to get a limited number of new CR125s and CR250s complianced each year. They sold them as WMW125/250s (rather than CR125/250s). They did this all through the late 1980s, but I'm not sure exactly when they began or stopped - they certainly got lots of publicity in ADB in 87 and 88.
Remember that this was when enduro bikes needed to be rego'd and the ACCA had declared that all enduro bikes must be fitted with compliance plates - and there were very few jap enduro bikes available (KDX200 being the only one that springs to mind).

Its quite likely that the 87 model WMWs went through the compliance procedure in 86, so the compliance plate is probably stamped "1986", which is probably what's confused the seller.

Mainline... Yes yes, fuggen shark bite. I'm pretending that its not there, so thanks a lot for reminding me!  >:( ;D
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.