Author Topic: Yet another newbie  (Read 1130 times)

TwoTees

Yet another newbie
« on: March 11, 2009, 11:08:50 pm »
G,day all.
Have spent a bit of time lately browsing this great site and soaking up heaps of good info. I actually found it while looking for a bike that I can race VMX with.
I am located in Canberra and my 3 boys (6, 9 and 11yo) have had a few goes at racing Dirt track and MX and just love it and they have been pushing me to have a go. Here at Fairbairn there is a class "Old school, Over 35's" in MX that I will start with so I am now looking for a pre85 machine for MX. (I'll be posting some wanted's soon). I have never raced or had much to do with racing until my boys started so the learning curve has been quite steep lately and as the season kicks off I,m sure it will keep getting steeper.
I have however been riding for many years in the bush, mainly on XL's and XR's and a few road bikes back when I was younger. A few 250's, 2x500's and an xr600. I have since discovered the joys of 2 stroke MX'rs and love it. A few of our bikes are listed here if any one is interested...
www.bikepics.com/members/mxrules
and I also have a yz80d that I have been doing up and a YZ490j waiting for some attention. (I think this one would be good to dump down low and hit the dirt track later)
Anyway, this looks like a great place so I'm sure I'll be hanging around abit.

Chris