Author Topic: Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o  (Read 27412 times)

Offline GD66

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Noel: Fernando said I can't race the postie! :o
« Reply #135 on: March 07, 2008, 08:01:47 pm »
 I have scrutineered both roadracers and mxers for knockin' on for 40 years, long before all the litigation and duty of care to cover mindless idiocy rules were invoked, and I still scrutineer the same way - to check to the best of my experience that the bike is fit to race for the safety of its' rider and others.
 Imagine my surprise when I sat an MA scrutineering course, with a very nice morning tea.... hours of rulebook knowledge, dealing with conflict and reconciliation, and finally, 20 minutes spent looking around a bike. The MA way is to run scared of any possible litigation or controversy, but they regularly drop the ball. What Mark says, is how it is, but that doesn't make it right. I maintain : Scrutineers should check ONLY bike safety, and eligibility will take care of itself through the battle between optimism and acceptance....
Nostalgia's not what it used to be....

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2008, 10:11:20 pm »
true, i think scutineers is best used to cast a fresh eye over your bike incae you missed somthing or left somthing off in the race to get ther eon time,  the rule book ( as obsures as it is) should be help up to be the  eligibility ruling and the  clerck of course to enfore it.

74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

YSS

« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2008, 10:43:15 pm »
Yes , thats the theory . But I have been there where the clerk of cours and the stewart get pushed over by well spoken  shit stirrers , ( see example Vern Grayson). And thats the big turn off, and thats when I arc up big time. :(
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, 10:45:33 pm by YSS »

Offline Wombat

• Legend
  • Gold Coast hinterland
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 15, 2008, 10:54:24 am »
Forgive me pls for a hijack here but it appears not all are getting the 'noise emmisions' debate.
Another thread has appeared in the Competition page as 'Decibels'.
This is serious. Fatboy advises it all comes to a head when the Board meets on 26 March.
I'm cutting and pasting from that thread into a couple of the high interest threads (like this one) in the hope some will respond to the noise emmisions issue:

Jeez fellas, Fatboy says MA have received only six or eight responses to the noise limit debate!
That is tragic - and hardly a groundswell of dissent.
How many members are on this Forum......?

Given the volume of written traffic on this Forum can we pls all make an effort to send a letter to MA?
Fatboy has provided the link (and it's no different to posting on this Forum).

[email protected]

We have eleven days left before the Board meets on 26 March.
Pls send a few lines ASAP.
"Whadaya mean it's too loud?! It's a f*ckin' race bike!! That pipe makes it go louder - and look faster!!"

Rosco400

« Last Edit: March 14, 2009, 04:16:37 pm by Rosco400 »