Author Topic: Kawasaki dealer recomendations?  (Read 2292 times)

Offline Nathan S

• Superstar
  • HEAVEN #818
    • View Profile
Kawasaki dealer recomendations?
« on: January 24, 2008, 10:27:19 pm »
I've got a rough, incomplete 84 KDX200B1, thanks to the generosity of Yumastepside.
It's my first ever Kawasaki, so I have no contacts, and know no secret handshakes or any of that.

Went into Canberra's Kawasaki dealer today, trying to track down a tail-light lens (among a big list of other things), and while they were wonderfully polite and friendly, they were somewhat less than useful*...

So sod 'em.

Where should I be trying to spend my money instead?

*To be fair, I then walked over to the Honda parts counter of the same place, and after the young guy got over the 'whoa, you're spending money on a 20 year old bike" thing, they were polite, friendly AND helpful. I was happy to offer them my money, but they refused until they know they can get the bits. I was pleasantly surprised.
The good thing about telling the truth is that you don't have to remember what you said.

Offline jimg1au

• Legend
    • View Profile
Re: Kawasaki dealer recomendations?
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2008, 12:13:47 am »
nathan
i have a zedder for kawasaki as well as the yamaha one
cheers

dpt

« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2009, 10:59:38 pm »
Do you still have the KDX??

Offline AjayVMX

• Legend
    • View Profile
    • VMX Magazine
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 12:45:49 am »
Kelen Kawasaki at Penrith.   True blue long term Kawa dealership.  I bought my first bike from them in 1984, nicer people would be very hard to find.

Oh, and they are not only involved in MA but also the vintage scene.

Offline shorelinemc

• Legend
  • life sucks&then you die
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2009, 02:58:56 pm »
Midtown Kawasaki in Brisbane just make sure you ask for Bob

211kawasaki

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2009, 08:33:37 pm »
Kawasaki's are really hard, getting parts as well as making sure what you get is correct - in the early 80's Kawasaki made a lot of changes.

One thing that I figured out a long time ago is a good contact in a store is essential, even though most pimply faced kids with weird hair styles look good behind the counter they dont know shit. So when you walk in with your parts book (essential) you need to find the right guy. Everyone will tell you that the parts just dont exist but apart from cosmetics I found most everything I need, be persistant.

The other good contact is Mark at Nightmare Racing in the States, google him, great guy and really helpfull.

Dave T