Author Topic: test photos  (Read 2455 times)

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
test photos
« on: March 08, 2009, 09:11:14 pm »
i hope this works, i have tried to put on some yellowing old pics from the Bendigo night mx circa december 1979-Wiliams factory kx 400sr, flood and landmans bikes, karl buehlers cr125 and a couple of old brochures from Deep Creek and a program from the 1982 sx masters.

1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

mainline

Re: test photos
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2009, 09:53:01 pm »
worked a treat. How schmick do those YZ's look ;D

Thanks

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2009, 10:08:36 pm »
great shots very cool 8)
i remember riding deep creek
great venue ahead of its time
pity it closed :'(

i want one of those kx500 works kits
i think i bought mine before march
but 20 years later does that count
ill have to ring trevor and ask him ::) :D

got any more piccys like this post em up  way cool 8)
follow me to first turn

Offline VMX247

• Megastar
  • Western Australia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2009, 10:17:49 pm »
Top stuff  8)....... gotta love the wooden tent posts,Kingswood,lattice deck chairs,real leathers,kidney belts,open faced helmets(don't see many now) and fun fun fun fun and more fun  :P  ;D

What has become of the Bendigo track ?
cheers Alison
Best is in the West !!

Offline SUZUKI311

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2009, 11:28:42 pm »
The track was made on the inside of the Golden City Speedway which i think was ran at the time by either Brian Clarke and his brothers or Cled Davies, i cant remember which. The speedway track played host to many bike and car speedway events along with long track meetings before it was closed down by the showground society which ran the complex. Every boxing day the Bendigo club used to run a very successful track meeting on it. It has only recently had the safety fence removed, and the lapscorers box looks like its about to go as well,and the venue has had a large new buliding constructed meters from the track, so its lost forever to motorsport. In recent years Yarrive Konsky from Full throttle sports ran a couple of supercross events also on the infield. More photos of other stuff to come!
1977 RM80B-UNDER CONSTRUCTION-(Still after 11 years !) 2017 KTM 350EXCF , 96 CBR600, . Member of Bendigo Motorcycle club since 1981, Viper No. 311 (old VMBA Number!!)

Offline Tim754

• Legend
  • Northern Country Victoria
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2009, 12:13:58 am »
The Agricultural  Show Society now bludges bulk handouts  (grants...) of our taxes to stay afloat , as it got rid of its main money making tenant the Speedway club.  Only other paying income would be the Bendigo National Swap meet but many many patrons and stall holders want to leave that hodge podge of a ridiculous setup.  Yep stuff them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Last Edit: March 10, 2009, 12:33:59 am by Tim754 »
I may not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death your right to say it.
                                                   Voltaire.

Offline TC91

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2009, 11:36:09 pm »
You bring back memories Suzuki311. I rode at that meeting. 1980. Cled Davies ran it. I picked up my brand new YZ250H that saturday morning, ran it in, put numbers on and was ready for the mid arvo practise ( according to a mate I ditched a new girlfriend to ride there that night, somethings never change i still piss off the females in my life(( wife and daughters )) some 29 years later when I go racing ). Some sensation from the west named Leisk had one of his first senior rides in the B grade class that night.Karl Bueller was the man to beat in my class.( where did he go? ) I have some photo's somewhere from that night as i had the only 'H' model there. My claim to fame ( in my eyes only ) is that i won the last ever race at Golden City speedway. A 15 lap final on a CR 500 Honda on 26 Dec 2002. The Show Society got a grant to remove the fencing about a month ago so the only thing left standing is the lap scorers box.

Offline pancho

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2009, 02:56:40 pm »
 i day when some-one teaches me how to post pics i have some from Moorebank track. the good old days when 2 piece leathers with the crutch hanging down level with your knees so that when you slide your bum back along the dual seat in an effort to lift the front wheel out of the sand on your modified 500 ajay the crutch of you pants got stuck behind the seat making it difficult to get up over the tank when the front wheel suddenly headed skyward! good old days! cheers wally.
dont follow me i'm probably off line!

Offline marshallmech

• A-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2009, 12:06:10 am »
I was at that meeting only as a spectator.
But I did ride in that 1982 supercross
Event 1 number 12 what a night.
Andy Viper #70
Honda CR125 RB
Honda CR125RC
Honda CR125RA
Honda CR250RZ
Honda Z50A