Author Topic: Im In  (Read 861 times)

dpt

Im In
« on: February 23, 2009, 10:21:45 pm »
 ;D

Hi Thought i better join, My bike is an 1983 YZ100 love this little beast, but it loves to fowl plugs and had to push it back to camp a few times. We bought the kids an Xr100 1999 and a CRF70F 2006 that way i only have to spend a lot of time on my bike to get it ready to ride, the neighbour has offered me for a $100 his KDX 200 about a 1984 in good condition only it is missing the flywheel and the stator, how hard would it be to find these items?? is it worth tackaling this project or would you think it might be too hard to find these parts.

Dave

mx250

Re: Im In
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2009, 10:42:01 pm »
;D
 the neighbour has offered me for a $100 his KDX 200 about a 1984 in good condition only it is missing the flywheel and the stator, how hard would it be to find these items?? is it worth tackaling this project or would you think it might be too hard to find these parts.

Dave
Welcome aboard Dave ;D.

I think the KDX is a bargain and you should sink your claws into it ;) forthwith ;D. I haven't owned or mucked with a KDX but I would guess that getting the correct  flywheel and the stator from either an Australian wrecker or from EvilBay, especially EvilBay USA, at the 'right money' would be a reasonable prospect. Time and patience might be required but if the rest of the KDX is viable it would be well worth the effort 8).