Author Topic: So what s this all mean ?  (Read 2745 times)

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
  • Adelaide, SA - looking for a "YZA" tank
    • View Profile
So what s this all mean ?
« on: September 26, 2007, 03:18:58 pm »
The motor on this thing is a 164 model 360 and the frame is a 195 model.   I think its an astro, but then again what really does that mean?

Anyway can someone tell me if those frames and engine numbers qualify as pre 75  albeit as a like machinery?   ;)

is there a website with that info to make it easier like this one and are they correct as some are wrong  www.clubbultaco.com/ident.htm

cheers freaky
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:11:22 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha YZ's - 75 Yamaha YZ's
74 Yamaha  flattracker's
70  Jawa 2 valve speedway's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline cyclegod

• Legend
  • Sunny PERTH W.A
    • View Profile
    • cyclegod on "youtube"
Re: So what s this all mean ?
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2007, 03:34:27 pm »
Engine is 1976 360 Astro, frame is 1978 Astro 250

http://www.bultacoparts.com/numbers3.htm
Ban BLACK rims NOW

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2007, 06:59:59 pm »
yep i got that far ( but the dates very depenfding on what site you look at) but the real question is are they classed as like models ? or can comply if you change the swing arm or something stupid or are they always going to be pre 77 class only.

Just we dont have any pre 77 and i dont think pre 85 is worth putting it out on the track.   And i cant see anything in the rule book for that model its all mark this and that ?  whats the story here.  what class is that green one running in firko ?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 07:01:40 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's

For sale -  PRE 75 Yamaha MX stuff, frame, motors and parts also some YAM DT1,2,A and Suzi TS bikes and stuff

Offline bullmad24

• C-Grade
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2007, 11:27:37 pm »
the astro 164 engine is basically the same generation as a mk 9 pursang 1976 - 1977 it has the wider engine studs and bigger engine ports you wont be able to race it in pre 75 can you post a picture of the astro if you have one ?
this astro just poped up on ebay its anice looking one

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline Freakshow

• Superstar
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 27, 2007, 04:49:48 pm »
YEs thats how it ended up on Ebay,  :'(

Bryan Shellenbarger in the states offered me the bike previously and i was keen up until i was getting the feeling that version of the astro couldnt be run here, the feeling i get has kinda been answered in the forum and the rule book so i had to pass it up, although i now there is a pursang rulling on a swing arm, so i was curious if it had a similar change to qualify.  Also im sure someone told me one of you guys with that green one ( see picture ) buiild one for your daughter for pre 75 so i was just trying to check out all the angles  ;)

IF you know Bryan stuff he build sexy bikes, you may remeber his last bike he let go it was that white Can am, that 2 was a sexy beast.   8)  (see picture 2)

Problem is over in the states the sportsmans are really pre 79 stuff so they can ride all this stuff no problem.    Over here we are really pre 75 or pre 85 there is a big gap or nothing in between or you get like 2 entries.    Its a shame as his bikes are awesome, but in the end i felt i couldnt get to use it to its full potential, if you guy on the eastern seaboard have a full class for it, go for it, he was only looking at $3k ( might go for more on ebay though) but this thing would smoke anything, Bryan builds fast bikes, and everything is like a swiss watch, you should see his workshop, its cleaner than my kitchen.     ::)

For a while there i was hoping he meant 146 not 164, and it would be on the boat as we speak :O) and then there was the hope it would be classed "like machinery"  .  ...............then again it would look great just sitting in the lounge.  Im trying to convience my self i dont need another bike, with forum typing theropy  :o

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2007, 05:10:46 pm by Freakshow »
74 Yamaha  flattracker's