Author Topic: A VMX adventure to remember  (Read 2229 times)

magoo

A VMX adventure to remember
« on: January 21, 2009, 08:59:58 pm »
One week ago tomorrow I headed off on a little trek to the land of the Great White Joh. I was going up for work and put a post on here thinking someone might want something transported north of the border.

It went something like this:

Thursday:             Nathan S drops off a SL100 for BaronVMX, load said bike as well as my CR250RD to go to a happy home up north.
                          Pick up TM250 motor from Liverpool for Oldfart. Note to self - there is a twin pipe CZ motor sitting in this guys front yard
                          Pick up Auscobul and take him to Chatswood to pick up CR125RA to go to another new home
                          Drive to Rutherford to drop off CR250RD motor, but car overheated in 43 degree temperatures. As I was broken down an old road racing mate of mine from the early 90's drove past and saved the day.
                          On to Kempsey. Amazing thing was I got up in the morning and the bikes were still there. Bonus

Friday:                 Cruise on to Tweed Heads to drop parts off to a guy
                          Stopped off at Broadbeach to show a mate of Maico31s my 250RD.
                          Brisbane to look at the job I've gone up there for (that's right, work. Get's in the way of all good things)
                          Drop SL off to the Baron. 35 degrees and he's got no beer.
                          Drive across Mt Everest to Esk to see 4Robs. Great to see he's doing ok and we went to his property to polish off a few coldies on the famous slab, all that's left from the fire sale, awesome arvo
                          Esk pub for more beers, trivia and a great feed

Saturday:             Drove back over the mountains to the famous Squirtmoto factory headquarters (Motowreck Yandina)
                          Load up my dead 480 from Conondale last year for the trip back home for a rebuild. Damos Suzuki 50 also hitches a ride.
                          Grab some beers and head off to the famous Holeshot Buddy 1960's shed. Man, this is something to see.
                          4Robs heads homeward and me, Holeshot and Squirt adjourn to Squirts mansion for refreshments and a lot of bullshitting.

Sunday:               Squirt is doing babysitting duties and is climbing up the walls, the first weekend in 28 years he hasn't been riding
                          Head to Noosa to visit an old racing mate from the early 80's, great to see old mates.
                          Yandina to my mate Boydies place. He's not home because he hit a roo on his Harly and his wifes in Beaudesert Hospital. All ok though
                          Drink beer in his new shed looking at his dodgy old YZs

Monday:              Work (sucks)
                         Sir Bradalots to pick up a couple of maicos for the trip south. Brad makes the worlds best Bourbon and Cokes, I didn't want to leave.
                         Jimboomba pub for tea

Tuesday:             Work again
                         Drop over to Oldfarts place to pick up Nathans YZ125. A great guy with a serious Suzuki fetish is our old mate Oldfart.
                         Back to Boydies to load 5 bikes and a shitload of bits and pieces. Interesting to say the least.
                         STW drops in to help sort out some issues with the work I was doing. Anyone want a job done in Brissie, Wiltec Industries are your boys I'll tell you
                         Off to Coffs Harbour and meet my brother for a couple of quiet drinks. Very funny night.

Wednesday:        Drive direct home but unfortunately at the Gosford exit of the M3 the old ute has decided to cook itself. I rolled down thw Kariong hill and found a Automotive repair shop. Too busy to look at it but when                           
                        they saw thew old dirt bikes on the back they dropped everything and helped out. Turned out to be a dodgy thermostat. Works out the boys are old dirtbike riders and were unreal.
                        Got cruising again and everything is going fine again, then, Cyclone Tracy. I'm half an hour out from home and it absolutely pisses down like I've never seen. The only solution, get off the M7 and head to
                        the nearest bottle shop for a roadie.
                        Finally I'm home. I unload the ute and trailer in the pissing rain and as soon as i finish, it stops.

The best weekend I've had for years and I didn't even have a ride. To all the forum lads I've caught up with over the last week thanks, I'll remember this one for a long time. It's a good pastime we've got here

P.S. The best question I was asked all weekend was when Oldfart asked me " do you drink beer?". If I didn't before, I do now.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
Re: A VMX adventure to remember
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2009, 09:34:08 pm »
glad you had a good trip magoo
was good to see ya
sorry i didnt have any crs in my shed ;D ;D

will catch up at cd6 or crawford river
cheers rusty ;)
follow me to first turn

Offline Hoony

• Legend
  • Melbourne, Vic.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2009, 09:50:21 pm »
bloody hell Magooster, that's a wild old time you had going there, hope you converted some Non Honda Heathens on your missionary trip.
Long time Honda Fan, but all bike nut in general, Big Bore 2 stroke fan.    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XJoKP6MawYI
1985 Honda CR500RF "Big Red"
1986 Honda CR250RG
2005 KTM 300EXC "The GruntMeister" ( I love that engine)

squirtmoto

« Reply #3 on: January 22, 2009, 08:12:11 pm »
"Maaaattteee" she's a good ute trust me ;)

Glad to see you had a adventurous trip mate. Sorry we could'nt go riding on Sunday
I was pissed-off to the max when the missus decided in a piss-wreck moment 11p.m. Fri night, to piss off to Brissie on Sat for a PT Cruisers car show >:(. A more boring bunch of forkwits you would never meet!! ::)

4RoBs

« Reply #4 on: January 22, 2009, 08:45:51 pm »
Ahh Magoo ya forgot to mention what ya dropped of at my place...........or is it just too embarassing??

Oldrodder

« Reply #5 on: January 22, 2009, 09:01:25 pm »
No he didn't, I hope that fire hasn't afected your eyes too much  ;D ;D :D ;) :)

(Drive across Mt Everest to Esk to see 4Robs. Great to see he's doing ok and we went to his property to polish off a few coldies on the famous slab, all that's left from the fire sale)

magoo

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2009, 08:20:42 pm »
No worries Billy Boy, Sunday worked out great for me. I caught up with your old mate Pete Camilleri and another old mate from school at Alexandra Headland.
I want to make a warranty claim on the ute though, you'll be hearing from my lawyer. He'll like a change from defence to litigatation.
As for you Rusty old fella, if there's a better shed than yours I'm yet to see it. Elvis's is good but yours is better. We need the dodge ute at CD6.

Offline holeshot buddy

• Legend
  • sunshine coast qld
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2009, 09:42:16 pm »
hey magoo i would luv to take dodge to cd6
if i leave tommorow i should just make it in time
(funny i only live half hour from conondale) :o
i would have to decide which bike to put in back
(sorry no hondas or maicos here) 8)
not that there is anything wrong with that :-*
follow me to first turn

magoo

« Reply #9 on: January 24, 2009, 05:24:22 pm »
Sorry 4Robs, I just read your thread and you are 100% correct in asking if I was too embarassed to admit that i brought a BMX Sidehack up for you. Doh. The smile on the kids faces as they were terrorising the streets of Esk was worth it mate, and I'm stoked that lifes good for you and the dearly beloved.

squirtmoto

« Reply #10 on: January 24, 2009, 10:41:21 pm »
I think your failure to pay a toll whilst driving it back from QLD while still in my name, far out ways a dodgey thermostat! Mate ;D

STW996

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2009, 09:50:40 am »
Hey Bill I hope you sold that Holden to buy a Ford!!

Offline caps 999

• Legend
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2009, 10:16:01 am »
keep the holden who knows when fords will start to rust  :D
MUGEN power